New York Mandatory Update: Minimum Wage and Discrimination Notice
Posted on January 2, 2019 byLaborLawCenter™
The state of New York has announced a mandatory minimum wage and discrimination notice update that affects labor law posting requirements for all businesses.
The minimum wage update is getting the most attention, as it’s revised with new minimum wages for 2019. According to New York State, minimum wages for 2019 are as follows:
- New York City employers with 11 or more employees: $15/hour
- New York City employers with 10 or fewer employees: $13.50/hour
- Long Island & Westchester: $12/hour
- Remainder of New York State Workers: $11.10/hour
Annual increases are expected throughout the state until the minimum wage rate reaches $15.
Notice Date: December 27, 2018
The state’s discrimination notice has also been updated with the following:
- New information regarding sexual harassment in the workplace
- New information regarding discrimination based on pregnancy, disability, and gender identity
Notice Date: December 17, 2018
If you’re concerned about keeping your labor law posters current, we’re happy to step in and do all the leg work for you.
In addition to purchasing our all-in-one New York & Federal Labor Law poster, you can also sign up for our replacement service. With this, any time a mandatory update is released, we’ll mail you an updated, fully compliant poster.
Bookmark the permalink