California – OSHA and Transgender Rights Poster Updates
Posted on November 29, 2017 byKathy
California has recently come out with two new labor compliance posters that employers will need to comply with as they begin 2018.
California OSHA Update:
The first poster is an update to the existing OSHA notice. The updates to the poster include wording that is more distinct and clear in understanding the intent. It also provides updates concerning Violations, Citations and Penalties as well as numerous updates to the contact information on the notice.
Transgender Rights in the Workplace Notice:
California has also issued a new Transgender Rights in the Workplace notice. The notice:
- Defines what is meant by “transgender” and “gender transition.”
- Specifies what employers are allowed to ask employees (steering clear of questions that could become intrusive of sexual orientation and transgender rights.
- Offers guidance in how employers should establish dress codes and grooming standards that allow workers to dress consistent with their gender identity.
- Provides guidance in how to deal with standards concerning bathrooms, showers and locker rooms.
- Provides a process and means for workers to file a compliant if they believe their rights have been threatened.
Both of these laws carry mandatory posting requirements. At The Labor Law Center we continually monitor local, state and federal posting requirements and will make them available as soon as we receive them. The all in one California Labor Law Poster is available with the 2018 required changes included.
The Labor Law Center also offers a worry-free service to our customers through our Poster Service Plan with automatic replacements. What this means is that we monitor the state and federal postings and automatically send you updates when they are released. It is that simple!
We also offer clients our popular Education Center. If you are new to labor law compliance or just wanting to keep up with the latest news and changes as they come out, this is the place to bookmark and visit regularly.
Bookmark the permalink