Missouri Announces Minimum Wage Increase for 2023; Updated EEOC Workplace Discrimination Poster
Posted on December 19, 2022 byLaborLawCenter™
State Update Overview
|Date Updated||November 2022|
|Labor Law Update||The State of Missouri minimum wage law; federal EEO workplace discrimination laws|
|What Changed||Minimum wage increase; revised poster|
|Mandatory or Non-Mandatory||Mandatory|
|Updated Poster||Missouri Labor Law Poster|
In November 2022, the Missouri Department of Labor & Industrial Relations set forth increased minimum wage rates for 2023.
Missouri Minimum Wage Law Update
- Minimum wage increased to $12.00 per hour for private employers effective January 1, 2023
- Tipped employees must receive at least $6.00 per hour plus any amount necessary to bring the employee’s total compensation to a minimum of $12.00 per hour
Wage and Hour Exemptions
Employees may be exempt from wage and hour laws based on criteria associated with their salary, actual duties, and skills. Exempt employees neither receive overtime pay nor qualify for minimum wage. Missouri labor law defines these exemptions based on Executive, Administrative, or Professional status. Learn more here.
In October 2022, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) published a revised Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal poster.
Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Workplace Discrimination Law Update
- Revised poster includes additional information regarding who is protected, covered organizations, types of illegal employment discrimination, and types of employment practices that can be challenged as discriminatory.
- Clarified process to file a discrimination complaint through the EEOC including updated websites and new phone number
- Added QR code
- Newly added information for the federal Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program and coverage of employees of a company with a federal contract or subcontract
- Clarified process to report a contractor who has violated its nondiscrimination or affirmative action obligations under OFCCP’s authorities
- Added access information for telecommunications relay services
Missouri Labor Law Poster Update
All businesses within the State of Missouri must display the new Minimum Wage and EEOC Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal posters along with other state-mandated posting requirements where it is sufficiently accessible and viewable to all employees. This change has been reflected in our Missouri & Federal Labor Law Poster and does require an immediate mandatory update. Failure to meet compliance requirements and display the updated poster could result in fines.
Order the Missouri Labor Law Poster to immediately include this required update.
Bookmark the permalink