Minnesota Announces Minimum Wage Increase for 2023; Updated EEOC Workplace Discrimination Poster
Posted on November 22, 2022 byLaborLawCenter™
State Update Overview
|Labor Law Update
|The State of Minnesota minimum wage law; federal EEO workplace discrimination laws
|MN minimum wage increase; revised federal poster
|Mandatory or Non-Mandatory
|Minnesota Labor Law Poster
In October 2022, the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry published new minimum wage increases effective January 1, 2023.
Minnesota Minimum Wage Law
- Minimum wage for large employers set to increase to $10.59 per hour.
- Minimum wage for small employers, training wage, youth wage, and J-1 Visa holders set to increase to $8.63 per hour.
- All minimum wage increases effective January 1, 2023.
Wage and Hour Exemptions
Employees may be exempt from wage and hour laws based on criteria associated with their salary, actual duties, and skills. Exempt employees neither receive overtime pay nor qualify for minimum wage. Minnesota labor law defines these exemptions based on Executive, Administrative, or Professional status. Learn more here.
Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Workplace Discrimination Law Update
- Revised poster includes additional information regarding who is protected, covered organizations, types of illegal employment discrimination, and types of employment practices that can be challenged as discriminatory.
- Clarified process to file a discrimination complaint through the EEOC including updated websites and new phone number
- Added QR code
- Newly added information for the federal Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program and coverage of employees of a company with a federal contract or subcontract
- Clarified process to report a contractor who has violated its nondiscrimination or affirmative action obligations under OFCCP’s authorities
- Added access information for telecommunications relay services
Minnesota Labor Law Poster Updates
All businesses within the State of Minnesota must display the new Minimum Wage Laws Notice along with other state-mandated posting requirements where it is sufficiently accessible and viewable to all employees. This change has been reflected in our Minnesota & Federal Labor Law Poster and does require an immediate mandatory update. Failure to meet compliance requirements and display the updated poster could result in fines.
Order the Minnesota Labor Law Poster to immediately include this required update.
Bookmark the permalink