Iowa Publishes Revised Job Safety and Health Notice
Posted on January 17, 2022 byLaborLawCenter™
State Update Overview
|Date Updated||January 2022|
|Labor Law Update||The State of Iowa Job Safety and Health Law|
|What Changed||Information added to clarify existing law|
|Mandatory or Non-Mandatory||Mandatory|
|Updated Poster||Iowa Labor Law Poster|
In January 2022, the Iowa Division of Labor published a revised Job Safety and Health notice to clarify existing safety and health regulations.
Iowa Labor Law Update
- Complaints of retaliation or discrimination by employers for making safety and health complaints or for exercising rights under the OSHA Act can be filed within 30 days.
- Employees are entitled to copies of medical records of their exposure to toxic and harmful substances or conditions.
- Employers must comply with all standards issued under the OSH Act that apply to an employee’s own action and conduct on the job.
- Employers must comply with the occupational safety and health standards issued under the OSH Act.
- A new email for the Iowa Division of Labor is included.
Iowa Labor Law Poster Update
All businesses within the State of Iowa must display the new Job Safety and Health notice along with other state-mandated posting requirements where it is sufficiently accessible and viewable to all employees. This change has been reflected in our Iowa & Federal Labor Law Poster and does require an immediate mandatory update. Failure to meet compliance requirements and display the updated poster could result in fines.
Order the Iowa Labor Law Poster to immediately include this required update.
Bookmark the permalink