Illinois Mandatory Update: ISERRA
Posted on November 6, 2018 byLaborLawCenter™
The state of Illinois recently announced several important mandatory updates that affect labor law posting requirements for all businesses.
The changes fall into two categories:
- Protection by the Illinois Service Member Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (ISERRA)
- Discrimination and sexual harassment rights
In regards to ISERRA, the new law will protect the employment and benefits of any service member who leaves their job to serve either the state or country.
Furthermore, ISERRA has been expanded to protect all members of the armed forces.
The discrimination and sexual harassment changes are as follows:
- Updated notice to provide more detail on employee rights regarding sexual harassment
- Employees have the right to reasonable accommodations based on a disability or pregnancy
- Employers are not permitted to retaliate against an employee who reports discrimination or cooperates with a workplace investigation
Notice Date: November 2, 2018
It’s important to stay current with all mandatory updates, so you’ll want to order and display our all-in-one Illinois & Federal Labor Law poster.
At Labor Law Center, we stay current with all Illinois labor law poster updates. By sharing these changes with our customers, we help keep them compliant with all labor laws.
Bookmark the permalink