Florida Announces Minimum Wage Increase; Updated EEOC Workplace Discrimination Poster
Posted on October 6, 2022 byLaborLawCenter™
State Update Overview
|Date Updated||September 2022|
|Labor Law Update||The State of Florida minimum wage law, federal EEO workplace discrimination laws|
|What Changed||Increased minimum wage; revised poster|
|Mandatory or Non-Mandatory||Mandatory|
|Updated Poster||Florida Labor Law Poster|
In September 2022, the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity announced a minimum wage increase effective September 30, 2022.
Florida Minimum Wage Law
- Minimum wage increases to $11.00 per hour
- Minimum wage increases to $7.98 per hour for tipped employees
- Increases effective September 30, 2022 through September 29, 2022
Wage and Hour Exemptions
Employees may be exempt from wage and hour laws based on criteria associated with their salary, actual duties, and skills. Exempt employees neither receive overtime pay nor qualify for minimum wage. Florida labor law defines these exemptions based on Executive, Administrative, or Professional status. Learn more here.
Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Workplace Discrimination Law Update
- Revised poster includes additional information regarding who is protected, covered organizations, types of illegal employment discrimination, and types of employment practices that can be challenged as discriminatory.
- Clarified process to file a discrimination complaint through the EEOC including updated websites and new phone number
- Added QR code
- Newly added information for the federal Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program and coverage of employees of a company with a federal contract or subcontract
- Clarified process to report a contractor who has violated its nondiscrimination or affirmative action obligations under OFCCP’s authorities
- Added access information for telecommunications relay services
Florida Labor Law Poster Updates
All businesses within the State of Florida must display the new minimum wage and EEOC Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal posters along with other state-mandated posting requirements where it is sufficiently accessible and viewable to all employees. This change has been reflected in our Florida & Federal Labor Law Poster and does require an immediate mandatory update. Failure to meet compliance requirements and display the updated poster could result in fines.
Order the Florida Labor Law Poster to immediately include this required update.
Bookmark the permalink