Displaying our Complete North Carolina Labor Law Poster provides employers an easy way to ensure compliance with state, federal, and OSHA regulations. Remember—in the event of an inspection or audit, having the most updated NC Labor Law Posters in place makes a difference. To order your posters, simply determine the volume and language version of posters needed. Both English and Spanish posters are available.
North Carolina Labor Law Poster Updates:
North Carolina ( NC ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
The North Carolina minimum wage increases with the federal minimum wage from $6.55 to $7.25 per hour on July 24, 2009. The tipped credit increases to $5.12 per hour, so tipped workers must be paid at least $2.13 per hour in wages. Overtime is due when an employee works more than 40 hours per week. Only public government agencies are permitted to give comp time, which must always be at the rate of 1.5 hours of comp time per hour of overtime worked. The Education, Training and Technical Assistance Bureau of the NC Department of Labor provides free training and consultation on OSHA worker safety regulations.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of North Carolina is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of North Carolina
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (800) 625-2267
- OSHA - (919) 733-0359
- Workers' Compensation - (919) 807-2500
- Unemployment Insurance - (919) 707-1150
- Wage and Hour (NEW) (NC General Statutes, 95-25.13) In North Carolina, you are required by state law to post information regarding wages and hours. The North Carolina Complete Labor Law Poster lets you display this information clearly and conveniently. Simply post it in a conspicuous location.
- Workers Compensation (NC General Statutes, 97-93(e)) Your company must post information regarding Workers Compensation, and the rights and benefits that your employees are entitled to under the North Carolina Workers Compensation Act. The North Carolina Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information so that all employees can review it as necessary.
- Safety and Health Protection on the Job (NC General Statutes, 95-143(b)) Keeping your workplace safe is mandatory, and part of that commitment is by providing clear information regarding safety and health protection on the job. The North Carolina Complete Labor Law Poster provides this information in an accurate and easy-to-read poster.
- Unemployment Insurance (NC Employment Security Commission) Your employees have the legal right to access information regarding their unemployment insurance benefits. The North Carolina Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information on your behalf. Simply post it in a conspicuous location.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
- IRS Withholding Notice Federal law requires that you withhold employee pay per IRS requirements. You must inform employees of this IRS withholding notice. Ensure that the information is displayed clearly, accurately and in a conspicuous location.
- Anti-Discrimination Notice Discrimination in the workplace is against federal law and subject to severe penalties. You must inform employees of their rights, obligations and protections to work in, and maintain, a discrimination-free workplace.
- Payday Notice Enter the name of the company, frequency of payment, and the name of the person who will handle inquiries regarding paydays and their title.
The North Carolina and US federal government mandates that both state and federal posters must be posted. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the North Carolina Complete Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the North Carolina State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. We offer both formats for you to choose from.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your North Carolina Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.