Our Complete West Virginia Labor Law Poster, a single poster, includes all updated state, federal, and OSHA requirements West Virginian employers need to stay in compliance. Employers: Easily place your poster order by selecting the most appropriate language (English or Spanish), and the volume of posters required. Remember—displaying updated posters is not optional—it's a mandatory requirement.
West Virginia labor law poster options:
West Virginia ( WV ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
A new West Virginia law imposes civil as well as criminal penalties on employers who cannot produce records to prove that every employee can legally work in the U.S. The state minimum wage remains at $7.25 per hour, but tipped employees must be paid $5.80 per hour. An employee who is discharged must be paid within 72 hours, while an employee who resigns or is laid off can be paid on the next regular payday. Employees terminated for any reason are entitled to payment for unused vacation. The state limits electronic monitoring of employees.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of West Virginia is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of West Virginia
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (304) 558-7890
- OSHA - (304) 347-5937
- Workers' Compensation - (888) 498-2667
- Unemployment Insurance - (304) 528-5538
- Wage and Hour (Wage Payment & Collection, Minimum Wage, Maximum Hours, & Meal Breaks) (WVC 21-5-9(5)) You must post notices informing all employees of wage and hour laws. The West Virginia Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information in a clear, easy-to-read format. Post it in a conspicuous location.
- Human Rights (WVC 5-11-17) All employees have rights and protections per Human Rights laws. The West Virginia Complete Labor Law Poster displays mandatory notices regarding these rights.
- Unemployment (WVC 21A-7-2) You must provide information to your employees regarding their rights and obligations with respect to Unemployment Law. The West Virginia Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information. Simply post it in a conspicuous location so that your employees are informed, and your company is compliant.
- Parental Leave Act (WVC 21-5D-9) You must post notices informing employees of their rights per the Parental Leave Act. The West Virginia Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information for all employees to review as required.
- Child Labor Law The West Virginia Complete Labor Law Poster provides mandatory information regarding laws related to minors in the workplace.
- Whistleblower Protection Act Your employees have specific rights and obligations per the Whistleblower Protection Act. The West Virginia Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information.
- Workers' Compensation Notice You must provide employees with specific information regarding their Workers' Compensation protection and benefits. The West Virginia Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information. Post it in a conspicuous location.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The state and federal government require you, by law, to post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the West Virginia Complete Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the West Virginia State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. We offer both formats for you to choose from.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your West Virginia Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.