To adhere to state, federal, and OSHA regulatory requirements, all businesses must post updated labor law postings in a workplace common area frequented by employees. Our Complete Virginia Labor Law Posters satisfy this requirement for all Virginia businesses. Remember—in the event of an audit or inspection, having the most updated labor law postings in your workplace makes a difference. To expedite the handling of your order, simply indicate the volume of VA Labor Law Posters needed for your business, and the language version (English or Spanish).
Virginia Labor Law Poster Updates:
Virginia ( VA ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
The Virginia minimum wage increases from $6.55 to $7.25 on July 24, 2009 to keep pace with the federal minimum wage. VOSH, the Virginia Occupational Safety and Health Compliance Program, offers free consultations with employers on worker safety. Minors under 16 must have an employment certificate prior to the first day of work. Those who are 16 and 17 years old are prohibited from holding a variety of hazardous jobs. Employers must pay all wages due on payday. Hourly employees must be paid twice per month, while exempt employees may be paid monthly.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for Virginia is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Virginia
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (804) 371-2327
- OSHA - (804) 786-6359
- Workers' Compensation - (877) 664-2566
- Unemployment Insurance - (804) 367-8037
- Unemployment Insurance (Va. Code Ann., Code 1950, 60.2-106.) You must notify all employees of their rights and obligations with respect to unemployment insurance. The Complete Virginia Labor Law Posters display this information clearly, and in full-color.
- Workers Compensation Notice (Workers Compensation Commission Rules, Rule 7.2) The Complete Virginia Labor Law Posters display mandatory information regarding Workers' Compensation. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Job Safety and Health (Va. Code Ann., Code 1950, 40.1-51.1(E)) Job safety and health information must be provided to employees. The Complete Virginia Labor Law Posters display this information in a clear, accurate and easy-to-read format.
- Recommended Poster: Virginia Human Rights Act (1987, c.581, 2.1-715) Employees must be notified of their protections granted by the Virginia Human Rights Act. The Complete Virginia Labor Law Posters provide this information. Post it in a conspicuous location.
- Virginia Earned Income Tax Credit The Complete Virginia Labor Law Posters display mandatory information regarding the Virginia Earned Income Tax Credit. Ensure that all employees can access this information as required.
- Employer Earned Income Tax Credit The Virginia Labor Law Posters explain that as an employee you may qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit on y our tax return.
- Discrimination Notice You must notify employees of their right to be safeguarded against discrimination in the workplace. The Complete Virginia Labor Law Posters display this information.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
Both Virginia and the federal government require that you post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the Virginia Complete Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the Virginia State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For your convenience, we offer both formats.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Virginia Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.