Our Complete Vermont Labor Law Posters include all of the mandatory state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements a Vermont business needs to remain in compliance. Available in both English and Spanish, an order for Vermont Labor Law Posters can be processed by selecting the language version, and quantity of posters needed for your workplace. Remember—displaying the most updated posters helps protect your business in the event of an inspection or audit.
Vermont Labor Law Poster Updates:
Vermont ( VT ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
Effective January 1, 2013 the Vermont minimum wage is $8.60 per hour. Tipped employees must be paid $4.17 per hour. The election of Democratic Governor Shumlin in 2010 may signal more regulatory changes in the future. Same-sex couples continue to enjoy full protection and employee benefits under the state law permitting same-gender marriages. The Vermont Fair Employment Practices Act holds individual supervisors as well as the company liable for illegal discrimination or retaliation. An employee cannot be disciplined or terminated for taking time off to testify in court under a subpoena, if the employee or a family member was victim of a crime.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for Vermont is $8.60.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Vermont
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (802) 828-2157
- OSHA - (800) 287-2765
- Workers' Compensation - (802) 828-2286
- Unemployment Insurance - (802) 828-4344
- Employer Liability and Workers Compensation (21 V.S.A. 691) The Vermont Complete Labor Law Poster displays mandatory information regarding employer liability and workers' compensation. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Minimum Wage (21 V.S.A. 393) You're legally required to post information regarding minimum wage. The Vermont Complete Labor Law Poster covers this information accurately and clearly. '
- Sexual Harassment (21 V.S.A. 495h) You must notify employees of their right to be protected from sexual harassment in the workplace. The Vermont Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information for all employees to review as required.
- Parental Leave, Family Leave, and Short-Term Leave (21 V.S.A. 472(d)) You must notify employees of their rights regarding parental leave, family leave and short team leave. The Vermont Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information in a convenient location. Post it where all employees can review it as required.
- Safety and Health Protection (21 V.S.A. 228(c)(1)) You must notify employees of their rights under safety and health protection laws. The Vermont Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information accurately and in an easy-to-read format.
- Child Labor Law (21 V.S.A. 442) Minors in the workplace must be informed of their rights to work limited hours relative to the adult workers. The Vermont Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information.
- Smoking Policy (18 V.S.A. 1424) The Vermont Complete Labor Law Poster fulfils your legal obligation to post notices informing all employees and visitors of your non-smoking policy.
- Unemployment Insurance (21 V.S.A. 1346) You must post information regarding unemployment insurance benefits, rights and obligations. The Vermont Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information. Post it in a conspicuous location.
- Clean Indoor Air Quality Act Your employees must be notified of their right to protections granted under the Clean Indoor Air Act. The Vermont Complete Labor Law Poster provides this information in an accurate and clear manner.
- Employers' Reinstatement Liability You must inform all employees of your reinstatement liability, per Vermont law. The Vermont Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information on your behalf.
- Healthcare Whistleblower's Protection Act Your healthcare employees are granted certain rights under the Healthcare Whistleblower's Protection Act. You must inform such employees of these rights. The Vermont Complete Labor Law Poster covers this information on your behalf. Post it in an accessible area.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The Vermont and US government require that you post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Vermont Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Vermont State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. We offer both formats for you to choose from.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Vermont Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.