The Complete Utah Labor Law Poster, a single poster, ensures full compliance with state, federal, and OSHA requirements for Utah businesses. Employers can expedite the handling of their order by indicating the number of Utah Labor Law Posters needed, and whether they would like to receive English or Spanish posters.
Utah Labor Law Poster Updates:
Utah ( UT ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
Utah employers with 15 or more workers are required to use the E-Verify system to ensure that employees are legally authorized to work in the U.S. While there are no penalties for failure to do so, the employer who uses E-Verify is protected from fines and penalties for employing illegal aliens under state law. The Utah minimum wage of $7.25 is the same as the federal minimum wage. In 2010, voters approved a measure that guarantees Utah employees the right to vote in secret-ballot elections for union representation. The Utah Health Data Authority Act requires employers to keep an employee's health information private, and prohibits genetic testing.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for Utah is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Utah
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (800) 222-1238
- OSHA - (801) 530-6855
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 530-5090
- Unemployment Insurance - (801) 526-9675
- Unemployment Insurance Notice (Utah Code 35A-4-406(1)(b)) You're required by law to display information regarding Unemployment Insurance. The full color, easy-to-read Utah Complete Labor Law Poster lets you provide this information accurately and conveniently.
- Workers Compensation (Utah Code 34A-2-204) The Utah Complete Labor Law Poster lets you display mandatory information regarding your employees' rights and obligations with respect to Workers' Compensation. Post this in a conspicuous location.
- Job Safety & Health Protection (Utah Code 34A-6-301) The Utah Complete Labor Law Poster fulfils your legal obligation to post a notice informing employees of their rights and protections with respect to job safety and health protection in the workplace.
- Utah Minimum Wage Poster The Utah Complete Labor Law Poster displays mandatory information regarding the state's minimum wage policy and applicable laws.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The Utah and federal government mandate that state and federal posters must be posted. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Utah Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Utah Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. We conveniently offer both formats.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Utah Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.