Our Complete Tennessee Labor Law Posters include all the state, federal, and OSHA postings needed to guarantee compliance. Employers can proceed with their poster order by simply selecting the quantity of posters, and the language version needed (English or Spanish). Remember—updating your Tennessee Labor Law Posters to reflect the most current regulations is not an option—it's mandatory.
Tennessee Labor Law Poster Updates:
Tennessee ( TN ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
The landslide victory of Republican Governor Haslam in the 2010 Tennessee election may signal a more pro-business climate. Changes to Tennessee law permit an employer to pay workers by direct deposit as well as cash or check. Payment by prepaid debit is also acceptable with the employee's consent, with certain restrictions. A recent court ruling makes it easier for an employee to file a lawsuit for illegal discrimination against an employer. An amendment to the Tennessee Human Rights Act permits the employer to implement an English-only policy for valid business or safety reasons. Recent changes also permit an extension of 2-year non-compete agreements under some circumstances.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for Tennessee is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Tennessee
Product Detail Description
- Wage & Hour - (866) 487-9243
- OSHA - (615) 741-7036
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 332-2667
- Unemployment Insurance - (615) 253-4809
- Occupational Safety and Health (T.C.A.50-3-2005(a)) All non-manufacturing employers must post information, in a conspicuous location, informing employees of their rights under the Hazardous Chemical Right to Know Law. The Complete Tennessee Labor Law Posters display this information accurately and clearly.
- Unemployment Insurance (T.C.A. 50-7-304(a)) Complete Tennessee Labor Law Posters display mandatory information regarding benefit rights, claims for benefits and such other matters relating to Unemployment Insurance.
- Child Labor Law (T.C.A. 50-5-111) Minors in the workplace are protected by Child Labor Laws, which govern the duration and type of work they can perform. The Complete Tennessee Labor Law Posters inform your employees of this information.
- Discrimination in Employment (T.C.A. 4-21-306) Discrimination in the workplace is against the law. The Complete Tennessee Labor Law Posters inform all employees and managers of this law. Simply post it in a conspicuous location.
- Workers' Compensation Insurance (T.C.A. 50-6-407) You must post, in a conspicuous place, information regarding Workers' Compensation Insurance rights, protections, benefits and obligations. The Complete Tennessee Labor Law Posters display this information on your behalf, so that your employees are informed, and your company is compliant.
- Tennessee No Smoking Poster Smoking is not allowed in the workplace. The Tennessee Complete Labor Law Poster informs all employees and visitors of this law.
- Pay Day/Wage Regulation Act (T.C.A. §50-2-103) You are required to post information regarding pay day and wage regulation in the state of Tennessee. The Tennessee Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information in a clear, easy-to-read format.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
State and US governments mandate that you post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Tennessee Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Tennessee Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For convenience, we offer both formats for you to pick from.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Tennessee Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.