To ensure compliance, all businesses must post mandatory state, federal, and OSHA requirements in the workplace. Our Complete South Dakota Labor Law Posters include the most updated posting requirements currently on the market for South Dakota businesses. Employers can save time and money by indicating the quantity of posters and language version needed for their workplace. We conveniently offer our Complete South Dakota Labor Law Posters in both English and Spanish.
South Dakota Labor Law Poster Updates:
South Dakota ( SD ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
A measure passed in the 2010 mid-term election guarantees South Dakota employees the right to a secret ballot election for unionization. The state minimum wage remains at $7.25 per hour, while tipped employees can be paid just $2.13 per hour. State law prohibits employment discrimination against employees who lawfully use tobacco products offsite during off-duty hours. There are some exceptions, when being a non-smoker is a bona fide job qualification. A South Dakota employee who resigns or is discharged is entitled to payment on the next scheduled payday.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for South Dakota is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of South Dakota
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (605) 773-3682
- OSHA - (701) 250-4521
- Workers' Compensation - (605) 773-3681
- Unemployment Insurance - (605) 626-2312 ext. 4250
- Safety Posters (SDAR, Art. 47:03:03:01) You must display one or more posters promoting safety in the workplace. The South Dakota Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information clearly, and in a full color, easy-to-read format.
- Unemployment Insurance Notice (SDCL, Title 61, Ch. 3, PT 14) You must post a notice informing employees of their rights and benefits regarding unemployment insurance. The South Dakota Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information. Post it in a conspicuous location.
- Minimum Wage Law The South Dakota Complete Labor Law Poster displays mandatory minimum wage law. Ensure that you post it in an area accessible by all employees.
- Sexual Harassment Sexual harassment in the workplace is against the law. The South Dakota Complete Labor Law Poster displays the rights and protections granted to all employees. It's mandatory that you post this information.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The state and US government require that you post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the Complete South Dakota Labor Law Posters, which include state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only South Dakota Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. We conveniently offer both formats.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your South Dakota Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.