Rhode Island businesses can easily comply with state, federal, and OSHA requirements by displaying our Complete Rhode Island Labor Law Poster in a workplace common area. To place an order for posters, simply select the volume required, and the language version using the drop-down fields above. Our Complete Rhode Island Labor Law Poster is available in both English and Spanish.
Rhode Island Labor Law Poster Updates:
Rhode Island ( RI ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
The Rhode Island courts recently upheld the statute that bans random workplace drug testing. The employer can require a drug test only when there is reasonable cause to believe the employee is under the influence of drugs, or an accident has occurred. The Rhode Island law permitting medical use of marijuana does not permit the employee to come to work under the influence of marijuana. State law prohibits an employer from discriminating against a victim of domestic violence, including someone who has filed for an order of protection. Employees now have up to 3 years to sue a Rhode Island employer for illegal discrimination in the workplace.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for Rhode Island is $7.75.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Rhode Island
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (401) 462-8550
- OSHA - (401) 528-4669
- Workers' Compensation - (401) 462-8100
- Unemployment Insurance - (401) 243-9137
- Minimum Wage (NEW) (Rhode Island General Laws 28-12-11) You're required by law to post information regarding minimum wage laws and regulations. The Rhode Island Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information in an easy-to-read manner. Post it in a conspicuous location.
- Workers Compensation (Rhode Island General Laws 28-29-13) The Rhode Island Complete Labor Law Poster lets you displays mandatory information regarding your employees' Workers' Compensation rights, protections and obligations.
- Parental and Family Medical Leave Act (Rhode Island General Laws 28-48-10(a)) Under Rhode Island law, you must post, in a conspicuous location, information regarding the Parental and Family Medical Leave Act. The Rhode Island Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information on your behalf.
- Fair Employment (Sexual Harassment Discrimination) (Rhode Island General Laws 28-5-37) You must maintain a workplace free of sexual harassment discrimination, and must also inform employees of their rights and protections to fair employment. The Rhode Island Complete Labor Law Poster conveys this information. Post it in a conspicuous location.
- Smoking (Rhode Island General Laws 23-20.10-7) The Rhode Island Complete Labor Law Poster lets you display the mandatory "no smoking" sign in your workplace.
- Employment Security and Temporary Disability Insurance (Employment Security Act 28-44-38 and Temporary Disability Insurance Act 28-41-15) The Rhode Island Complete Labor Law Poster displays required information regarding Employment Security and Temporary Disability Insurance. Simply post it in a conspicuous location, so that your employees are informed, and your company is compliant with Rhode Island law.
- Right to Know Law (Rhode Island General Laws 28-21-3) You must inform all employees of any potential workplace exposure to chemical substances. The Rhode Island Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information on your behalf.
- Unemployment Insurance You must provide information to your employees regarding their rights, obligations and benefits with respect to Unemployment Insurance. The Rhode Island Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information accurately and clearly.
- Prevailing Wage Rate The Rhode Island Complete Labor Law Poster displays mandatory information regarding the prevailing wage rate in Rhode Island.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
Rhode Island and federal government mandate that both state and federal posters must be posted. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the Rhode Island Complete Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the Rhode Island State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. We conveniently offer both formats.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Rhode Island Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.