Our Complete Puerto Rico Labor Law Poster includes all the mandatory state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements Puerto Rican businesses need to stay in compliance with the law. Available in both English or Spanish, simply select the language that best caters to your workplace, as well as the quantity of posters required. Don't forget—posting the most updated labor law postings in your workplace is a mandatory requirement.
Puerto Rico ( PR ) Labor Law Poster Updates:
Puerto Rico ( PR ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
Effective July 24, 2008, the Puerto Rico basic minimum wage is $4.59 per hour, or 70% of the federal minimum wage. Many employers are required to pay the federal minimum wage of $6.55 per hour. Puerto Rico also has industry-specific minimum wages that vary from $4.25 to $7.25 per hour. Overtime is required at 1.5 times the usual hourly rate after 8 hours per day. Employees must be paid twice the usual hourly rate on the statutory day of rest, and after 40 hours per week. The Puerto Rico Occupational Safety and Health Administration or PROSHA regulates worker safety.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for Puerto Rico is $6.55.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: Puerto Rico
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (787) 754-2100
- OSHA - (787) 277-1560
- Workers' Compensation - (787) 754-5850
- Unemployment Insurance - (787) 993-9400
- Discrimination Notice You must inform employees that discrimination in the workplace will not be tolerated. The full color, easy-to-read Puerto Rico Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information. Post it in a conspicuous location.
- OSHA - Health and Safety Protection You must provide notices regarding OHSA Health and Safety Protection. The Puerto Rico Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information clearly and accurately.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The Puerto Rico and federal government mandate that both state and federal posters shall be posted. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Puerto Rico Complete Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the Puerto Rico State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For convenience, we offer both formats for you to select from.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Puerto Rico Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.