As always, our Complete North Dakota Labor Law Poster provides North Dakotan businesses the most up-to-date state, federal, and OSHA requirements on a single poster. Employers can simply select the quantity of posters needed for their workplace, and select the language version (English or Spanish). Don't forget—posting the most updated requirements in your workplace is not an option—it's mandatory!
North Dakota ( ND ) Labor Law Poster Updates:
North Dakota ( ND ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
The North Dakota minimum wage remains at $7.25 per hour, $4.86 for tipped employees. A recent court ruling finds that heart attacks and other stress-related health conditions may be covered by workers' compensation in North Dakota, if the employee can show that a stressful workplace caused the condition. State law designates certain employers who allow nursing mothers unpaid breaks to express milk as "infant friendly" but stops short of requiring such accommodations. Employees must be paid for unused vacation or unused PTO upon termination. Payment for unused sick leave is required only when it is combined with vacation as PTO or Paid Time Off.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of North Dakota is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of North Dakota
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (800) 582-8032
- OSHA - (701) 250-4521
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 777-5033
- Unemployment Insurance - (800) 247-0981
- Minimum Wage Law – The full-color, easy to read North Dakota Complete Labor Law Poster displays mandatory information regarding the minimum wage law in North Dakota. Simply post the information in a conspicuous location.
- Unemployment Insurance You must provide all employees with summarized information regarding their unemployment insurance benefits and rights. The North Dakota Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information clearly and in a summarized manner.
- Workers' Compensation Law. It's your legal obligation to inform all employees of their rights and obligations under Workers' Compensation Law. The North Dakota Complete Labor Law Poster provides this information for all employees to read and review as required.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
Both the state and federal government require that you post both North Dakota and US Federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the North Dakota Complete Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the North Dakota State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For convenience, we offer either format for you to choose from.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to North Dakota Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.