In order to ensure compliance, New York employers are required to post all mandatory state, federal, and OSHA regulations in their place of business. Our Complete New York Labor Law Posters satisfy this requirement, by displaying all the required postings on a single poster. Easily protect your business from any unnecessary or unforeseen complications by making sure your postings are up-to-date. To order New York Labor Law Posters now, simply determine the volume of posters desired, as well as the language needed—posters are available in both English and Spanish.
New York Labor Law Poster Updates:
New York ( NY ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
The New York Funeral Leave law requires that an employer who offers funeral leave to employees for the death of a spouse or family member also extend that benefit for the death of a committed same-sex partner. The Domestic Workers Bill of Rights requires that housekeepers, cooks, nannies and other domestic workers be treated like other employees. Benefits include overtime pay, one day per week off, disability benefits and at least 3 days of paid vacation per year. The New York Department of Labor does not permit an employer to make deductions for salary advances, overpayments or repayment of loans.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of New York is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of New York
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (212) 775-3880
- OSHA - (212) 620-3200
- Workers' Compensation - (877) 632-4996
- Unemployment Insurance - (518) 485-8589
- Minimum Wage Act (NY State Labor Law, 661) You must provide all employees with information regarding the Minimum Wage Act. The Complete New York Labor Law Posters display this information in a full-color, easy to read format.
- Workers Compensation (NY State Workers Compensation Law, 51) The Complete New York Labor Law Posters fulfill your legal obligation to post, in a conspicuous location, information related to Workers' Compensation rights, benefits and obligations.
- Unemployment Insurance (Regulations of the Industrial Commissioner, 472.2) You must provide information to all employees regarding their rights and obligations with respect to unemployment insurance. The Complete New York Labor Law Posters display this information clearly.
- Clean Indoor Air Act (NY State Public Health Law Art. 13-E, 1399-p) You must maintain a smoke free environment, and post notices regarding the no smoking policy in your workplace. The Complete New York Labor Law Posters display this notice for all employees and visitors to see and follow.
- Employment of Minors (NY Labor Law Art. 4 144) When employing minors, you must display information pertaining to the hours that they can legally work. The New York Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information. Post it in a conspicuous location.
- Toxic Substances (NY Labor Law Art. 28 876) You must provide notices regarding toxic substances at work, so that your employees remain informed and safe. The New York Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information on your behalf, so that your employees are informed, and your company is compliant.
- Payment of Wages (NY Labor Law Art. 6 I95) You must post your policies regarding sick leave, vacation, personal leave, holidays and hours. The New York Complete Labor Law Poster displays this notification so all employees and management can review as necessary.
- Safety and Health Protection on the Job The New York Complete Labor Law Poster informs all employees of their rights to safety and health protection on the job.
- Disability Benefits The New York Complete Labor Law Poster displays notices regarding disability benefits. You must post this information in a conspicuous location.
Discrimination Notice You must maintain a workplace free of discrimination, and post notices to this effect. The New York Complete Labor Law Poster conveys this information in a clear, easy-to-read manner.
- Time Off to Vote Notice You must provide employees with time off to vote if necessary. The New York Complete Labor Law Poster affirms you commitment to the law and reminds employees of their rights.
- Fringe Benefits Notice You must provide information to employees regarding fringe benefits. The New York Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information.
- New York No Smoking Poster You must maintain a non-smoking workplace. The New York Complete Labor Law Poster reminds employees and visitors of your smoke-free policy.
- Blood Donation Leave You must provide notices informing employees of their rights to leave work in order to donate blood. The New York Complete Labor Law Poster displays this notice.
- New York Correction Law It is unlawful to discriminate against persons convicted of criminal offenses, and you must post a notice to this effect. The New York Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information clearly.
- Right of Nursing Mother's to Express Breast Milk Affected employees have the right to unpaid break time in order to express breast milk, and you must post a notice to this effect. The New York Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The New York and US government mandates that both state and federal posters be posted. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the New York Complete Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the New York State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. We offer both formats.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your New York Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.