Available in both English and Spanish, our Complete New Jersey Labor Law Posters include every state, federal, and OSHA requirement needed to guarantee compliance. Remember—displaying the most updated posters in your workplace mandatory requirement. To order our Complete New Jersey Labor Law Posters, simply select the language, and the number of posters needed.
New Jersey Labor Law Poster Updates:
New Jersey ( NJ ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
The New Jersey Worker Freedom from Intimidation Act prevents an employer from holding mandatory workplace meetings to discuss political or religious issues. Any employer who violates this law can be sued by employees. The state is strictly enforcing stringent tests to eliminate misclassification of employees as independent contractors. Violators are subject to criminal penalties, as well as disbarment from state contracts and fines. An employee cannot be required to pay for pre-employment screening such as drug tests and medical exams, unless the employee is applying for a position as a security guard.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of New Jersey is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of New Jersey
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (609) 292-2305
- OSHA - (732) 750-3270
- Workers' Compensation - (609) 292-1092
- Unemployment Insurance - (732) 761-2020
- Child Labor Law & Schedule of Hours of Labor of Minors (N.J.S.A. 34:2-21.5) You're required under New Jersey law to post information regarding child labor, and the schedule of hours of labors of minors. The easy-to-read, full color Complete New Jersey Labor Law Posters display this information clearly and in an organized manner. Post it in a conspicuous location.
- Wage and Hour Abstract & Payment of Wages (N.J.S.A. 34:11-56a21) You must inform all your employees about payment of wages, and keep records of any applicable wage orders and regulations. The Complete New Jersey Labor Law Posters provide this information in a clear, organized manner.
- Unemployment and Temporary Disability Insurance (N.J.S.A. 43:21) The Complete New Jersey Labor Law Posters provide mandatory information regarding unemployment insurance benefits.
- Equal Employment (NJ Admin. Code) Equal employment is the law, and you must post notices to this effect in the workplace. The Complete New Jersey Labor Law Posters fulfill this obligation on your behalf.
- Family Leave Act (N.J.S.A. 34:11B-6) You must information your employees of their rights and entitlements under the Family Leave Act. The Complete New Jersey Labor Law Posters display this information for employees to review as required.
- Workers Compensation You're required by law to inform your employees of their rights and benefits under Workers' Compensation law. The Complete New Jersey Labor Law Posters ensure that the information you provide is clearly accessible and accurate.
- New Jersey No Smoking Poster Smoking is prohibited in the workplace. The Complete New Jersey Labor Law Posters inform all employees and visitors of your smoke-free policy.
- Conscientious Employee / Whistleblower Protection Employees must be informed of their rights and protections with respect to conscientious employee/whistleblower protection laws. The New Jersey Complete Labor Law Poster provides this information. Simply post it in a conspicuous location.
- Discrimination Notice In Public Accommodations It's against the law to discriminate in public accommodations. The New Jersey Complete Labor Law Poster displays mandatory information regarding this law, and reminds all employees and management of their obligation to operate in a discrimination-free manner.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The state and federal government mandate that both state and federal posters be posted. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the New Jersey Complete Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the New Jersey State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For your convenience, we offer both formats.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your New Jersey Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.