To ensure compliance, all employers must post mandatory state, federal, and OSHA postings in a workplace common area. Our Complete Nebraska Labor Law Posters address this requirement, and include the most updated postings on a single poster. To order the poster, determine the most appropriate language version (English or Spanish), and the quantity needed for your workplace.
Nebraska Labor Law Poster Updates:
Nebraska ( NE ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
The Nebraska minimum wage increases on July 24, 2009 from $6.55 to $7.25 per hour, in accordance with an increase in the federal minimum wage. Nebraska employers must give factory workers an unpaid meal break of 30 minutes or more, between 12 noon and 1 pm or at another "suitable time" during which employees must be permitted to leave the premises. Under the Non-English-Speaking Workers Act, employers who actively recruit non-English-speaking employees and have more than 10% of them on staff must have a bilingual employee capable of translating available on each shift.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Nebraska is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Nebraska
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (402) 471-2239
- OSHA - (402) 553-0171
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 599-5155
- Unemployment Insurance - (402) 595-3089
- Minimum Wage (NE Statutes, 48-1205) The full-color, easy-to-read Nebraska Complete Labor Law Poster lets you conveniently display mandatory information regarding minimum wage in the workplace. Simply display the poster in a conspicuous location.
- Job Safety and Health Notice (NE Statutes, 48-446) Safety in the workplace is a top priority, and you are mandated to display key information regarding job safety and health notices. The Nebraska Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information clearly, and in an organized manner.
- Discrimination (NE Statutes, 48-1121) Discrimination in the workplace is illegal. You must inform all employees and management of their obligation to avoid and prevent discriminatory behavior and actions. The Nebraska Complete Labor Law Poster has a clear anti-discrimination notice, reminding all employees and management of their legal obligation to keep the workplace free of discrimination.
- Unemployment Insurance Your employees must be provided with summarized information regarding their unemployment insurance rights and benefits. The Nebraska Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information for all employees to view/review as necessary.
- Nebraska No Smoking Poster Smoking is not allowed in the workplace, except for specific designated areas. The Nebraska Complete Labor Law Poster notifies all employees and visitors that your workplace is smoke-free.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
State and the federal governments mandates that both state and federal posters must be posted. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Nebraska Labor Law Posters, which include state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Nebraska Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. We conveniently offer both formats.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Nebraska Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.