Available in both English and Spanish, our Complete Montana Labor Law Poster includes the most updated state, federal, and OSHA requirements needed to ensure compliance. In the event of an audit or inspection, updated postings matter! To expedite the handling of your order, simply select the language version, as well as the quantity of posters required for your workplace.
Montana Labor Law Poster Updates:
Montana ( MT ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
Effective January 1, 2013 the Montana minimum wage is $7.80 per hour. An employee who resigns must be paid on the next regular payday, but no later than 15 days after quitting. An employee who is laid off or fired for cause must be paid "immediately" unless the employer has a different written policy in place. The state defines "immediately" as within 4 hours or by the end of the business day, whichever is first. However, if the employer has a written policy in place, the employee can be paid on the same basis as an employee who resigns.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Montana is $7.80.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Montana
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (406) 444-5600
- OSHA - (406) 247-7494
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 772-2141
- Unemployment Insurance - (406) 444-3834
- Prevailing Wage (MT Code Annotated 39-3-203) Employer to notify employees on written demand as to rate of wages and date of paydays. You're required by Montana law to post information regarding the prevailing wage rate, and inform employees the day on which they'll be paid. The Montana Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information on your behalf clearly and conveniently. Simply post it in a conspicuous location.
- Workers Compensation (MT Code Annotated 39-71-401) Your employees are legally entitled to access, in the workplace, information regarding Workers' Compensation rights and obligations. The Montana Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information so they can review it as required.
- Unemployment Insurance (MT Administrative Rules 24.11.705(1)) You must post information regarding unemployment insurance benefits and obligations. The Montana Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information clearly and accurately. Post it in a conspicuous location.
- Non-Discrimination (MT Code Annotated 49-2-202) No worker shall be subject to discrimination under both State and Federal laws. The Montana Complete Labor Law Poster informs all workers of this law. Post it wherever all employees can access it during the workday.
- OSHA - Health and Safety on the Job Job and health safety in the workplace is the law. The Montana Complete Labor Law Poster displays mandatory information regarding the rights employees have to a safe workplace.
- Montana No Smoking Poster Smoking is prohibited in the workplace. The Montana Complete Labor Law Poster reminds all employees and visitors of your smoke-free policy.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
- IRS Withholding Notice Federal law requires that you withhold employee pay per IRS requirements. You must inform employees of this IRS withholding notice. Ensure that the information is displayed clearly, accurately and in a conspicuous location.
- Anti-Discrimination Notice Discrimination in the workplace is against federal law and subject to severe penalties. You must inform employees of their rights, obligations and protections to work in, and maintain, a discrimination-free workplace.
- Payday Notice Enter the name of the company, frequency of payment, and the name of the person who will handle inquiries regarding paydays and their title.
The Montana government, and the US government, require that you post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the Montana Complete Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the Montana State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For your convenience, we offer both formats.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Montana Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.