Available in both English and Spanish, our Complete Missouri Labor Law Posters provide the most updated state, federal, and OSHA requirements on a single poster. Easily order posters for your business by selecting the quantity needed, and language version that best suits your workforce.
Missouri Labor Law Poster Updates:
Missouri ( MO ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
The Missouri minimum wage is set to increase 10 cents to $7.35 per hour in 2013, while the minimum wage for tipped employees is still $3.63 per hour. There was no annual adjustment in 2012 due to the weak economy. Retail or service businesses with annual revenue below $500,000 are not required to pay the state minimum wage. Non-compete agreements are much more easily enforced in Missouri than in other states. Under state law, a Missouri employer cannot fire an employee simply because the employer receives a court order to withhold child support. Group health insurance policies are required to cover mental health services, chiropractic care and prosthetic devices.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Missouri is $7.35.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Missouri
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (573) 751-3403
- OSHA - (800) 392-7743
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 775-2667
- Unemployment Insurance - (573) 751-3431
Technical Details and Placement Options:
- Wages, Hours and Dismissal Rights (MO Revised Statutes 290.522) Under Missouri law, you must post information regarding wages, hours and dismissal rights. The full color, easy-to-read Complete Missouri Labor Law Posters clearly display this information, so that your employees are informed, and your company is compliant.
- Notice To Workers Concerning Unemployment Benefits (8 CSR 10-3.070) The Complete Missouri Labor Law Posters provide required information to employees regarding their rights and obligations concerning unemployment benefits. This information must be posted in a conspicuous location.
- Workers Compensation (MO Revised Statutes 287.127) In your workplace, you must post a notice that confirms that you are operating under and subject to the provisions of the Missouri workers compensation law. The Complete Missouri Labor Law Posters satisfy this legal posting requirement.
- Discrimination in Employment (8 CSR 60-3.010(1)) Discrimination in the workplace is illegal. The Complete Missouri Labor Law Posters outline the employment standards that you will uphold per 8 CSR 60-3.010(1).
- Discrimination in Housing It's illegal in Missouri for anyone to discriminate in housing. The Complete Missouri Labor Law Posters remind employees and management of this obligation, and provides a toll-free number for individuals to report potential breaches of this law.
- Discrimination in Public Accommodations In Missouri, it's illegal to discriminate in public accommodations on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex or disability. The Missouri Complete Labor Law Poster confirms your compliance with the law, and provides a toll-free number for individuals to call and report potential breaches of the law.
- Child Labor Law Minors are subject to work standards governing hours and conditions of work. The Missouri Complete Labor Law Poster lets you post, in a conspicuous location, the provisions related to this law. It also allows you to post the names of workers and their shifts.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The state and federal governments require that you display Missouri and US federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the complete Missouri Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Missouri Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. Choose either format based on your requirements.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Missouri Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.