Posting our Complete Mississippi Labor Law Posters allow an employer to easily comply with state, federal, and OSHA requirements. Don't forget—displaying up-to-date postings in a workplace common area is not optional—it's mandatory. To process your order, simply select the volume of posters and language needed. All Mississippi Labor Law Posters are available in both English and Spanish.
Mississippi Labor Law Poster Updates:
Mississippi ( MS ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
Effective July 24, 2009 most Mississippi employees are entitled to the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. The federal law applies to employees who engage in interstate commerce, and to employers with more than $500,000 in revenue each year. Mississippi has no state minimum wage law for smaller employers. Under the state "guns in the workplace" law, duly licensed employees must be permitted to keep their registered guns in a locked private vehicle on company property. Most employers are required to use E-Verify under a new immigration reform act. The voluntary new hire reporting system aims to prevent unemployment fraud.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Mississippi is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Mississippi
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (866) 487-9243
- OSHA - (601) 965-4606
- Workers' Compensation - (601) 987-4200
- Unemployment Insurance - (601) 321-6000
- Unemployment Insurance (MS Code Ann. 71-5-615) The easy-to-read, full color Mississippi Complete Labor Law Poster displays mandatory information regarding unemployment insurance benefits and regulations. Simply post it in a conspicuous location.
- Workers Compensation Notice of Coverage (MS Code Ann. 71-3-81) You are required under Mississippi law to post information regarding Workers' Compensation coverage in the workplace. The Mississippi Complete Labor Law Poster lets you provide this information in a clear, accurate and summarized fashion.
- Discrimination Notice Discrimination in the workplace is against the law. The Mississippi Complete Labor Law Poster reminds all employees and management of this fact. Remember: you are legally obligated to post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The Mississippi and federal governments mandate that both state and federal posters must be posted. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Mississippi Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Mississippi Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For your convenience, we offer both formats.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Mississippi Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.