Our Complete Minnesota & Montana Labor Law Posters include all the required state, federal, and OSHA postings needed to remain in compliance. In the event of an inspection or audit—updated labor law posters matter. To order your Complete Minnesota & Montana Labor Law Posters now, simply select the number of posters required for your workplace, as well as the language—all posters are available in both English and Spanish.
Minnesota Labor Law Poster Updates:
Minnesota ( MN ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
The expanded Minnesota Voter Law gives employees the right to take paid time off work to vote on Election Day at any time during the day, not just in the morning. This applies even if the employee has sufficient time to vote when the polling places are open, before or after work. A recent state court decision grants workers' compensation to many undocumented workers who are hurt on the job. Another recent decision expands whistle-blower protection under Minnesota law. Employees are entitled to review their personnel file every 6 months, and receive one copy of the personnel file per year, under state law.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Minnesota is $6.15.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Minnesota
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (651) 284-5005
- MNOSHA - (651) 284-5050
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 342-5354
- Unemployment Insurance - (651) 296-6141
Technical Details and Placement Options:
- Minimum Wage (Minnesota Statutes 177.31) You're mandated by Minnesota law to provide, in a conspicuous location, summarized information regarding minimum wage (including the amount and associated rules). Be aware that the commissioner may fine you up to $200 for each failure to comply with this law. The full color, easy-to-read Minnesota Complete Labor Law Poster ensures that you remain compliant, and that your employees remain informed.
- Age Discrimination (Minnesota Statutes 181.81(b)) Age discrimination in the workplace is against the law. Our Minnesota Complete Labor Law Poster lets you clearly inform employees that your policies are law-abiding, and that the mandatory retirement age in your company is 70.
- Unemployment (Minnesota Statutes 268.068) Your employees have the legal right to easily access summarized unemployment benefit information. The Minnesota Complete Labor Law Poster provides this information in a clear, easy-to-read format.
- Workers Compensation (Minnesota Statutes 176.139) Your company must purchase Workers' Compensation coverage and, in a conspicuous location, inform employees of their rights and obligations. Be aware that failure to comply with this statute can carry penalties of $500 by the commissioner. The Minnesota Complete Labor Law Poster solves this obligation for you safely and appropriately.
- Safety and Health Protection on the Job (Minnesota Statutes 182.658) Health and safety in the workplace is your top priority. The Minnesota Complete Labor Law Poster informs your employees of their rights and protections under state law.
- Leave of Absence/Parental Leave Rights Working parents have specific rights under Minnesota law. It's your obligation to ensure that employees can access a summary of these rights. The Minnesota Complete Labor Law Poster allows you to provide this information in a conspicuous location, so that employees can access it easily – and you can remain complaint under Minnesota law.
- Minnesota No Smoking Poster Smoking is prohibited in the workplace, and failure to comply with this can lead to fines and other consequences. The Minnesota Complete Labor Law Poster clearly advises employees of your smoke-free policy, and affirms your compliance with the Freedom to Breathe Provisions of the Minnesota Clean Indoor Air Act.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
In Minnesota, you must post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Minnesota Complete Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the Minnesota State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For your convenience, we offer both formats for you to select.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Minnesota Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.