To remain in compliance with state, federal, and OSHA regulations, businesses must post labor law postings in a conspicuous workplace location. Our Complete Michigan Labor Law Posters include the most updated regulation requirements currently on the market. Having the most updated requirements displayed in a common area provides valuable protection in the event of an audit. To place your order, simply indicate the language version and quantity of posters needed. Our Complete Michigan Labor Law Poster is available in both English and Spanish.
Michigan Labor Law Poster Updates:
Michigan ( MI ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
Michigan employers may see a more pro-business climate with changes in regulations after the victory of Republican Governor Snyder in the 2010 mid-term elections. State law limits the employer's ability to electronically monitor employees. A recent court ruling allows employees who miss work to attend a court hearing, and are terminated for excessive absenteeism, to collect unemployment. Michigan has no state mini-COBRA law, and no law requiring leave for victims of domestic violence. However, it is a misdemeanor to fire an employee who is a crime victim and takes time off work to testify in court under a subpoena.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Michigan is $7.40.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Michigan
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (517) 335-0400
- MIOSHA - (517) 322-1814
- Workers' Compensation - (888) 396-5041
- Unemployment Insurance - (800) 638-3994
- Minimum Wage Law (NEW) (MCLA 408.391) Your employees have the right to access summarized information regarding the minimum wage rate and associated key details. The full-color and easy-to-read Complete Michigan Labor Law Posters allow you to display this information in a conspicuous location so that your employees remain informed, and your company remains compliant.
- Safety and Health Protection on the Job (MCLA 408.1011) Ensuring employee health and safety is your top priority, and Michigan law obliges you to inform employees of the protections and obligations under MLCA 408.1011. The Complete Michigan Labor Law Posters clearly and conveniently provide this information.
- Right to Know (MCL 408.1014j) You're required under Michigan law to inform employees of the location of the material safety data sheets for any hazardous chemicals produced/used in the workplace, and the company representative from whom they can get those sheets. The Complete Michigan Labor Law Posters provide this information in a clear, full-color and easy-to-read format.
- Whistleblower Protection Act (MCLA 15.368) The Complete Michigan Labor Law Posters keep you complaint with Michigan law, which requires you to keep all employees informed of their protections and obligations under the Whistleblower Protection Act.
- Youth Employment Standards Act (MCLA 409.113(l)) Employing youth workers obliges you to follow the rules and obligations contained in the Youth Employment Standards Act. The Complete Michigan Labor Law Posters allow you to post these rules in a conspicuous location.
- Wage Deviation Any handicapped employees being paid less than minimum wage in alignment with their productivity must be able to access information regarding their rights, obligations, and rules of employment. The Complete Michigan Labor Law Posters provide this information in a clear, organized and complete fashion.
- Discrimination Notice Michigan law prohibits discrimination in the workplace. The Michigan Complete Labor Law Poster clearly notifies all employees of this law, and helps you keep your workplace complaint.
- Unemployment Insurance You're required under Michigan Law to provide summarized information regarding unemployment insurance rights, obligations and benefits. The Michigan Complete Labor Law Poster provides this information and allows you to post it in a conspicuous location for all affected employees to review.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
Both the Michigan and Federal governments require that you post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Michigan Complete Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the Michigan State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For your optimal convenience, we offer both formats – simply choose the one that is right for your workplace.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Michigan Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.