Our Complete Massachusetts Labor Law Poster includes all state, federal, and OSHA postings required to ensure compliance. Display the most current postings in your workplace to protect your business in the event of an audit. To process your order, simply select the quantity of posters needed, and whether you would like posters in English or Spanish.
Massachusetts Labor Law Poster Updates:
Massachusetts ( MA ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
A new law requires the employer to notify an employee within 10 days whenever negative information is added to the personnel file. In addition, the employee has the right to inspect the file within 10 days after the addition. Even when no new material is added, Massachusetts employees have the right to inspect the personnel file twice each year. The Massachusetts Maternity Leave law permits a female employee to take up to 8 weeks of unpaid leave for the birth or adoption of a child as long as she has completed her probationary period or been with the company at least 3 months.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Massachusetts is $8.00.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Massachusetts
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (617) 626-6975
- OSHA - (617) 565-8110
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 323-3249
- Unemployment Insurance - (617) 626-6560
- Wage and Hour Law (MA General Laws CH. 151 16) The full color, easy-to-read Massachusetts Complete Labor Law Poster clearly displays minimum fair wage information to your employees. Be aware that you're required under MA General Laws CH. 151 16 to post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Unemployment Insurance (MA General Laws CH. 151A 62A) You're required by Massachusetts law to post, in a conspicuous place, key details regarding unemployment insurance. The Massachusetts Complete Labor Law Poster conveys this information so that your employees are informed, and your company is compliant.
- Fair Employment (MA General Laws CH. 151B 7) The Massachusetts Complete Labor Law Poster allows you to post key information regarding fair employment. Be advised that it's your legal obligation to provide this information in a workplace common area.
- Workers Compensation (MA General Laws CH. 152 21) You're required under MA General Laws CH. 152 21 to post information regarding your Workers' Compensation plan, including name of insurer, policy number, and other key details. The Massachusetts Complete Labor Law Poster allows you to clearly post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Maternity Leave Act (MA General Laws CH. 149 105D) You must allow employees to access benefits and rights set forth under the Maternity Leave Act. The Massachusetts Complete Labor Law Poster provides a summary of employee rights and protections.
- Sexual Harassment (MA General Laws CH. 151B, 3A) The Massachusetts Complete Labor Law Poster assures employees that you will abide by your legal obligation to promote a workplace free of sexual harassment.
- Massachusetts No Smoking Poster Smoking is prohibited in the workplace. The Massachusetts Complete Labor Law Poster clearly informs all employees and visitors of this law.
- Parental Leave Act Your employees have certain legal rights under the Parental Leave Act. The Massachusetts Complete Labor Law Poster informs them of their rights and protections, and assures them that your company is in compliance with this law.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The Massachusetts and US government mandates that you post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the complete Massachusetts Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Massachusetts Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For your convenience and needs, we offer both formats for you to choose from.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Massachusetts Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.