Available in both English and Spanish, our Complete Maryland Labor Law Posters provide the most current state, federal, and OSHA requirements on a single poster. Don't forget—in the event of an inspection or audit, having current postings makes a difference! Save valuable time by ordering your posters now—simply select the quantity and language needed. All posters are available in both English and Spanish.
Maryland Labor Law Poster Updates:
Maryland ( MD ) Labor Law Quick Facts: The Maryland minimum wage increases from $6.55 to $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009 because by statute, the state minimum wage cannot be lower than the federal minimum wage. The Maryland Flexible Leave Act prohibits employers with 15 or more workers from discharging, demoting, disciplining, suspending, or otherwise discriminating against an employee who uses earned leave, vacation, sick time or PTO to care for an immediate family member who is ill. The Maryland Workplace Fraud Act provides penalties for employers who knowingly classify employees as independent contractors.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Maryland is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Maryland
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (410) 767-2357
- OSHA - (410) 767-2374
- Workers' Compensation - (410) 864-5100
- Unemployment Insurance - (410) 767-3246
- Employment Discrimination (Md. Code Ann., Art. 493) The full-color, easy-to-read Complete Maryland Labor Law Posters inform your employees that your company has no tolerance for discrimination on the basis of disability, marital status, age, sex, national origin, religion, race or color.
- Wage Hour Fact Sheet (Md. Code Ann. 3-423) You're required by Maryland law to post information regarding wages and minimum wage. The Complete Maryland Labor Law Posters allow you to provide this information in a conspicuous location for all employees to access.
- Unemployment Insurance (Md. Code Ann. 3-603(a)) Maine law requires that your post, in a conspicuous location, information regarding unemployment insurance rights and obligations. The Complete Maryland Labor Law Posters allow you to conveniently comply with this law, so that your employees remain informed – and your workplace remains compliant.
- Occupational Safety and Health on the Job (Md. Code Ann., 5-104(c)) Keeping your employees safe is your top priority. The Complete Maryland Labor Law Posters ensure that you're compliant under Md. Code Ann., 5-104(c), which requires you to inform employees of their obligations and protections under the safety and health protection law.
- Health Insurance Coverage (Md. Code Ann., 8-603) It's your legal obligation to inform employees on how to file health insurance claims. The Complete Maryland Labor Law Posters allow you to provide this information in a conspicuous location.
- Workers Compensation (Md. Workers Comp. Regulations Ch 1, Title 14, Subt. 9.03) The Complete Maryland Labor Law Posters allow you to post details regarding unemployment insurance benefits. It's your legal obligation to provide this information in a conspicuous location.
- Equal Pay for Equal Work (Md. Code Ann. 3-306(b)) The Maryland Complete Labor Law Poster allows you to post Commission approved notices regarding equal opportunity employment. It's your legal obligation to provide this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employment of Minors (Md. Code Ann. 3-214) Working conditions for employees under the age of 18 are governed by rules set forth by Md. Code Add. 3-214. The Maryland Complete Labor Law Poster allows you to provide Employment of Minors information in a conspicuous location.
- Wage Payment and Collection In Maryland, wage payment and collection is governed by state labor and employment law. It's your obligation to inform employees of their rights, obligations and protections under this law. The Maryland Complete Labor Law Poster allows you to provide such information in a conspicuous location.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The state and US government requires that both state and federal posters must be posted. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Maryland Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Maryland Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. Choose either format to suit your needs.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Maryland Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.