The Complete Maine Labor Law Poster, a single poster, ensures a Maine business is in compliance with all state, federal, and OSHA requirements. Employers: Expedite the handling of your order by indicating the number of Maine Labor Law Posters needed, and your language preference (available in both English and Spanish). Don't forget—in the event of an audit or inspection of your business—updated labor law postings matter!
Maine Labor Law Poster Updates:
Maine ( ME ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
The Maine mini-Cobra law requires employers with 2-19 employees on group health insurance to offer a 12-month extension of coverage at termination. The Maine minimum wage is $7.25 per hour, with overtime after 40 hours. The Maine WARN law requires an employer to give 60 days notice of lay-offs and pay severance to employees. It applies to facilities with 100 or more workers. Employers with 50 or more workers are required to provide up to 15 days of unpaid military family leave per year to an employee who is the spouse or child of a member of the military on active duty. The employee may be entitled to additional time off under federal law. *
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Maine is $7.50.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Maine
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (207) 623-7900
- OSHA - (207) 941-8177
- Workers' Compensation - (207) 287-3751
- Unemployment Insurance - (800) 593-7660
- Notice Regarding Minimum Wage Law (NEW) (26 MRSA 668) In Maine, you're required under 26 MRSA 668 to post, in a conspicuous location, information regarding the minimum wage. The full-color and easy-to-read Maine Complete Labor Law Poster provides this information in a single location, so that your employees are informed, and your company is compliant.
- Whistleblower's Protection Act (26 MRSA 839) Under the Whistleblower's Protection Act, you must prominently post information regarding this act, so that your employees understand the protections and obligations. The Maine Complete Labor Law Poster provides this information in a clear, summarized fashion.
- Workers' Compensation (39 MRSA 406) The Maine Complete Labor Law Poster allows you to post, in a conspicuous location, details regarding Workers' Compensation in English, French and Spanish.
Video Terminal Display (26 MRSA 252) Under Maine law, you must inform all workers who use a video terminal (e.g. computer) of their rights and duties under 26 MRSA 252. The Maine Complete Labor Law Poster provides this information, so that your employees remain safe, and your company remains compliant under the law.
- Child Labor Law (26 MRSA 42-B(3)) Employing workers under the age of 18 is permissible, provided that strict adherence to Maine Child Labor Law is followed. Be aware that the state may impose civil penalties for non-compliance. The Maine Complete Labor Law Poster ensures that all employees and management are aware of these laws, and how they affect different age groups.
- OSHA for Public Sector The Maine Complete Labor Law Poster informs your employees of their OHSA rights and protections as enforced by the U.S. Department of labor.
- Sexual Harassment Is Illegal You're obligated to take steps to keep your workplace free sexual harassment. The Maine Complete Labor Law Poster clearly informs all employees of your commitment to upholding the law. It also provides some examples of sexual harassment, such as suggestive or lewd remarks, and others.
- Discrimination Notice The Maine Complete Labor Law Poster informs all employees and management that your workplace is law-abiding and doesn't discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, ancestry, genetic predisposition, age, whistleblowing, accessing workers' compensation benefits, or disability.
- Regulation of Employment The state of Maine regulates employment to ensure that the workplace is compliant and employees are treated fairly. The Maine Complete Labor Law Poster fulfils your legal obligation to provide this information to employees in a conspicuous location.
- Unemployment Compensation You are required under Maine Employment Security Law to provide your employees with information on how they can file a claim, and other rights, obligations and protections they have under this law. The Maine Complete Labor Law Poster provides this information in a clear, easy-to-read format.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The state and federal government require that you post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Maine Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Maine Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For your convenience, we offer both formats.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Maine Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.