To stay in compliance, all employers must post mandatory state, federal, and OSHA requirements in a workplace common area. The most updated postings required are included on our Complete Louisiana Labor Law Posters. To expedite the handling of your order, simply select the quantity of posters needed, as well as the language version—all posters are available in either English or Spanish.
Louisiana Labor Law Poster Updates:
Louisiana ( LA ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
Effective July 24, 2009 most Louisiana employees are entitled to the federal wage of $7.25 per hour. The federal law applies to Louisiana employers with $500,000 or more in annual revenue, or to employees who engage in interstate commerce. Louisiana has no state minimum wage law that applies to smaller employers. The state "guns at work" law permits employees who are licensed owners of registered guns to store them in a locked private vehicle parked in an employee parking lot or garage on company property. The law applies even if the employer is a school, but does not expressly list the penalties for violation.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Louisiana is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Louisiana
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (866) 487-9243
- OSHA - (225) 298-5458
- Workers' Compensation - (225) 342-7555
- Unemployment Insurance - (866) 783-5567
- Age Discrimination Equal Opportunity (Louisiana Revised Statutes, 23:314) The full color, easy-to-read Complete Louisiana Labor Law Posters inform all employees of their rights and protections to work in a discrimination-free workplace.
- Earned Income Credit (Louisiana Revised Statutes, 23:15) The Complete Louisiana Labor Law Posters allow you to post, in a conspicuous location, information regarding earned income credit per Louisiana Revised Statutes, 23:15.
- Genetic Discrimination (Louisiana Revised Statutes, 23:369) Genetic discrimination in the workplace is illegal. The Complete Louisiana Labor Law Posters clearly inform your employees of their rights and protections under the applicable Statute. Genetic discrimination in the workplace is illegal. The Louisiana Complete Labor Law Poster clearly informs your employees of their rights and protections under the applicable Statute.
- Minor Labor Law (Louisiana Revised Statutes, 23:217) Workers under the age of 18 are governed under Minor Labor Law. The Complete Louisiana Labor Law Posters inform all employees of the provisions of this law, and the rights and protections granted to minors in the workplace.
- Out-of-State Vehicles (Louisiana Revised Statutes, 47:501) Your employees must register any out-of-state motor vehicle licenses within 30 day of employment. The Complete Louisiana Labor Law Posters inform employees of this obligation.
- Sickle Cell Trait (Louisiana Revised Statutes, 23:354) All employers in Louisiana must avoid discriminating based on sickle cell trait. The Complete Louisiana Labor Law Posters affirm your compliance with the law, and reminds employees of their rights and protections under the appropriate Statute.
- Smoking Policy (Louisiana Revised Statutes, 1300:24) Under Louisiana law, you must adopt, implement and maintain a written smoking policy. The Louisiana Complete Labor Law Poster enables you to do this in a convenient and compliant manner.
- Timely Payment of Wages (Louisiana Revised Statutes, 23:633) The Louisiana Complete Labor Law Poster allows you to post, in a conspicuous and appropriate location, a notice that informs employees when they'll be paid, and what their rate will be.
- Unemployment Insurance (Louisiana Revised Statutes, 23:1621) Your employees are entitled under Louisiana Revised Statutes 23:1621 to access information regarding benefits awarded under unemployment insurance. The Louisiana Complete Labor Law Poster allows you to provide this information in a clear, accessible manner.
- Workers Compensation (Louisiana Revised Statutes, 23:1302) Your employees are entitled under Louisiana Revised Statutes 23:1302 to access information regarding benefits awarded under Workers' Compensation. With the Louisiana Complete Labor Law Poster, you'll easily and appropriately provide this information.
- Workers' Compensation Fraud (*New) Workers' Compensation fraud is a serious breach of law and subject to severe penalties, including civil and criminal prosecution. The Louisiana Complete Labor Law Poster provides a toll-free number for employees to report misuse or abuse of Workers' Compensation benefits.
- Equal Employment Opportunity In Louisiana, equal employment opportunity (EEOC) is the law. The Louisiana Complete Labor Law Poster clearly informs all employees of their rights and protections under this law.
- Employers Support/Guard & Reserves (National Guard) Employees who are in the National Guard, Reserves or who are on active duty are entitled to certain employment and re-employment rights. The Louisiana Complete Labor Law Poster summarizes these rights in a clear manner for all employees to view as required.
- Genetic Information/Discrimination Louisiana law forbids discrimination based on genetics, and bans any genetic testing in the workplace. The Louisiana Complete Labor Law Poster clearly informs all employees of this protection, and affirms your compliance with the law.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The US and Louisiana governments mandate that you post both federal and state posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Louisiana Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Louisiana Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For your ease and convenience, we offer both formats for you to select from.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Louisiana Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.