Posting our Complete Kansas Labor Law Posters in a workplace common area allows employers to easily comply with state, federal, and OSHA requirements, while providing protection from complications that may arise due to an audit or inspection. To place your order, select the volume of posters needed for your workplace, along with the language version—our Complete Kansas Labor Law Posters are available in English or Spanish.
Kansas Labor Law Poster Updates:
Kansas ( KS ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
Effective July 1, 2010, the Kansas Clean Indoor Air Act prohibits smoking n most workplaces including restaurants and bars. Casino gambling floors, private clubs, tobacco shops and designated hotel rooms are exempt from the smoking ban. The Kansas minimum wage is $7.25 per hour, the same as the federal minimum wage. Under the state mini-Cobra law, employers with 2 -19 workers on group health insurance must offer an extension of up to 9 months when the employee is terminated or loses coverage. State law requires employers to treat pregnancy and childbirth as they would any other medical disability, and extend the same benefits.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Kansas is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Kansas
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (785) 296-4062
- OSHA - (800) 362-2896
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 332-0353
- Unemployment Insurance - (785) 296-1796
- Equal Opportunity in Public Accommodations (KS Statutes, 44-1012) Kansas law requires that you offer equal opportunity in public accommodations. The full-color and convenient Kansas Labor Law Posters confirm your compliance with this law, and provides employees and patrons with relevant information.
- Equal Opportunity in Employment (KS Statutes, 44-1114) All workplaces in Kansas must offer equal opportunity in employment. The Complete Kansas Labor Law Posters allow you to post, in a conspicuous location, this legal requirement and related statute details.
- Child Labor Law (KS Statutes, 38-605) Workers under the age of 18 are subject to specific employment standards. The Complete Kansas Labor Law Posters outline these standards and ensures that your non-adult workers are protected, and your company remains compliant and law-abiding.
- Unemployment Insurance (KS Administrative Regulations, 50-3-(a)) The Complete Kansas Labor Law Posters allow you to fulfill your legal obligation of providing, in a conspicuous location, unemployment insurance benefit information. The Kansas Complete Labor Law Poster allows you to fulfill your legal obligation of providing, in a conspicuous location, unemployment insurance benefit information.
- Workers Compensation (KS Administrative Regulations, 51-12-2) You must inform employees on what steps to take, and how to file a Workers' Compensation claim, in the event of injury. The Complete Kansas Labor Law Posters clearly and conveniently provide this information.
- Discrimination Notice The Complete Kansas Labor Law Posters provide a discrimination notice, informing your employees and management that you are not tolerating and discriminatory practices in hiring, or any other aspect.
- Fair Housing Notice Fair housing in Kansas is the law. The Kansas Complete Labor Law Poster provides a clear Fair Housing Notice, which informs employees and management that housing cannot be denied on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, race by association, national origin, ancestry, familial status, disabilities or retaliation.
- Public Accommodations Kansas law provides equal opportunity in public accommodations. The Kansas Complete Labor Law Poster confirms your compliance with this law, and directs all employees and management to follow the law.
- Kansas No Smoking Notice Smoking is prohibited in the workplace. The Kansas Complete Labor Law Poster clearly informs all workers and guests in the workplace that smoking is not allowed.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The Kansas and federal government mandates that you post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Kansas Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Kansas Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. Simply choose from either format to suit your needs.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Kansas Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.
Customers typically purchase the Complete State and Federal poster all on one because they want the convenience of having everything on one poster and just managing one poster. Many mutli-State located companies like to refer to one poster to have sites remove and replace. The State and Federal separate posters are offered and typically purchased by customers who might not have the room to fit one Complete State and Federal poster as they're generally longer. Two posters offers the flexibility of putting one poster on one wall and another poster on one wall. It really is just a preference when deciding on a Complete State and Federal Poster or a separate State and Federal Poster.