As always, our Complete Iowa Labor Law Poster, a single oversized poster, includes all the mandatory state, federal, and OSHA postings an Iowan business needs to stay in compliance. Ensuring the most updated posters are displayed in your workplace helps protect your business from complications that may arise due to an audit or inspection. Order your Iowa Labor Law Posters now by selecting the quantity of posters required, as well as the language needed (available in both English and Spanish).
Iowa Labor Law Poster Updates:
Iowa ( IA ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
The victory of Republican Governor Branstad in the 2010 mid-term election may signal a more pro-business climate, with changes in regulations. The Iowa Veteran's Day Law requires employers to give every veteran in the state the holiday off. The employee must request the day off at least one month in advance, and the employer must notify the employee 10 days ahead of time whether the holiday will be paid or unpaid. The state law against genetic discrimination bars employers from gathering such information as third party administrators. State courts recently expanded the Iowa Civil Rights Act to cover pregnant employees.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Iowa is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Iowa
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (515) 281-3606
- OSHA - (515) 281-7629
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 562-4692
- Unemployment Insurance - (800) 850-5627
- Minimum Wage (IA Code 91D.1) The full color, easy-to-read Complete Iowa Labor Law Posters display wages and minimum wage information. Simply post it in a conspicuous location where employees normally seek posted company-related information.
- Unemployment Insurance (IA Code 96.11) You're required under IA Code 96.11 to provide information to employees regarding unemployment insurance. The Complete Iowa Labor Law Posters clearly and succinctly provide this information in one convenient location.
- Safety and Health Protection on the Job (IA Code 88.14) The Complete Iowa Labor Law Posters provide a summary of key information that you're required, under Iowa law, to provide employees regarding safety and health protection on the job. Failure to post this information can result in civil penalties up to $7000 per violation.
- Discrimination Notice (IA Code, Chapter 216) You're legally obligated to inform employees of their rights against discrimination in the workplace. The Complete Iowa Labor Law Posters clearly provide this information, so that your employees are informed, and your company is compliant.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
Both the Iowa and US government mandates that both state and federal posters must be posted. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the complete Iowa Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Iowa Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. Simple choose the format that is right for your workplace.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Iowa Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.