Our Complete Illinois Labor Law Posters include all the mandatory state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements businesses need to stay in compliance. Having the most up-to-date IL Labor Law Posters displayed in your workplace helps alleviate complications due to an audit or inspection. Available in both English and Spanish, simply select the language that best caters to your workforce, as well as the quantity of posters needed.
Illinois Labor Law Poster Updates:
Illinois ( IL ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
An expansion of the Illinois Family Military Leave act effective January 1, 2011 permits grandparents and adult children of active military members to take time off from work on the same basis as spouses and parents of soldiers. Employers with 15 to 50 employees are required to offer 15 days of unpaid military family leave. Illinois employers with more than 50 employees are required to offer 30 days of unpaid military family leave. On that same date, the Illinois Privacy Act makes it illegal for employers to use credit checks in hiring or promoting employees. Provisions of the Illinois Wage Payment Act provide increased penalties and greater enforcement powers by the Illinois Department of Labor for violations.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Illinois is $8.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Number: State of Illinois
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (312) 793-2808
- OSHA - (847) 803-4800
- Workers' Compensation - (866) 352-3033
- Unemployment Insurance - (800) 247-4984
- Notice to Employees and Employers (Includes Payment of Wages, Child Labor, and Minimum Wage) (820 ILCS 1059) The full color, easy-to-read Complete Illinois Labor Law Posters notify all employees of key information regarding payment of wages, child labor and minimum wage. You're required by Illinois law to provide this information in a conspicuous location.
- Equal Pay Act (820 ILCS 11240) The Complete Illinois Labor Law Posters outline the Illinois Equal Pay Act, which confirms that all employees must be paid fairly. You're required by Illinois law to post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Victims Economic Security and Safety Act (VESSA) (820 ILCS 18040) If you're covered by this Act, then you must provide information to your employees of their rights and protections governed by the Act. The Complete Illinois Labor Law Posters convey this information in a clear, summarized manner.
- Workers Compensation Notice (820 ILCS 3056) Your employees are entitled to benefits under Workers' Protection coverage, and you must inform employees of their rights relative to 820 ILCS 3056. The Complete Illinois Labor Law Posters provide this information in a central location.
- Unemployment Insurance (820 ILCS 405700) The Illinois Complete Labor Law Poster displays statements concerning unemployment insurance regulations. Be aware that you're required under 820 ILCS 405700 to post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Day and Temporary Labor Service Act (820 ILCS 17545) Employees covered by the day and temporary labor Act are granted certain rights and protections. You must inform any affected workers of these rights by posting information in a conspicuous location. The Illinois Complete Labor Law Poster fulfils this requirement conveniently and effectively.
- Illinois No Smoking Poster All workplaces in Illinois must be smoke-free. The Illinois Complete Labor Law Poster reminds all employees and visitors of this law.
- Emergency Care / Choking Poster The Illinois Complete Labor Law Poster provides emergency care/choking information that guides employees on how to handle a choking emergency at work.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The Illinois and federal government requires that both state and federal posters must be posted. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Illinois Complete Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the Illinois State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. Simply choose the format that is optimal for your workplace.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Illinois Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.