Posting our Complete Hawaii Labor Law Poster in a conspicuous workplace location provides employers an easy way to fully comply with state, federal, and OSHA requirements. Employers can place an order by selecting the volume of Hawaii Labor Law Posters needed, and the language that best suits their workforce—all Complete Hawaii Labor Law Posters are available in both in English and Spanish.
Hawaii Labor Law Poster Updates:
Hawaii ( HI ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
The Hawaii state minimum wage is $7.25 per hour ($7.00 for tipped employees), with overtime after 40 hours. However, any employee with a guaranteed minimum salary of $2,000 per month is exempt from the state minimum wage law. The Hawaii family leave law provides 4 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave that includes time to care for grandparents, in-laws and domestic partners. The state's anti-discrimination law is enforced by the Hawaii Civil Rights Commission.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Hawaii is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Hawaii
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (808) 586-8777
- OSHA - (808) 586-9100
- Workers' Compensation - (808) 586-9151
- Unemployment Insurance - (808) 974-4086
- Payment of Wages (HI Statutes 388-7) Under Hawaii law, you must post information regarding the payment of wages. The full color, easy-to-read Hawaii Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information.
- Minimum Wage (HI Statutes 387-6) You must provide information regarding minimum wage – failure to do so is a violation of HI Statutes 387-6. The Hawaii Complete Labor Law Poster lets you display this information conveniently and in a centralized, conspicuous location.
- Workers Compensation (HI Statutes 386-99) Your employees have certain rights and obligations with respect to Workers' Compensation, and you must inform them of these in a clear and accessible way. The Hawaii Complete Labor Law Poster lets you do this quickly and easily.
- Employment Security (HI Statutes 383-31) The Hawaii Complete Labor Law Poster lets you comply with the Hawaii statues that obliges you to post and maintain, in a conspicuous location, information regarding benefit rights, claims for benefits, and such other matters.
- Occupational Safety and Health (HI Statutes 396-6(f)) Keeping your workplace safe is your top priority, and you must inform employees of their rights and obligations. The Hawaii Complete Labor Law Poster lets you inform employees in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Unemployment Insurance The Hawaii Complete Labor Law Poster provides information regarding unemployment insurance, and your employees' rights and obligations under Hawaii law. You're legally required to post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Whistleblower Protection Poster You must post information outlining the rights and protections afforded to whistleblowers under Hawaii law. The Hawaii Complete Labor Law Poster allows you to display this information in a convenient and easy-to-read manner.
- Wash Your Hands Poster A safe workplace is a hygienic one. The wash your hands section of the Hawaii Complete Labor Law Poster informs employees on how to safely wash their hands, and keep their workplace safe and healthy.
- Discrimination Poster Discrimination in the workplace is against the law. The Hawaii Complete Labor Law Poster displays information that covers this law, and informs employees of their obligation to avoid discriminatory behavior or actions in the workplace.
- Dislocated Workers / Plant Closing Notice Employees have the right to be informed of plant closings or any action that will result in their dislocation. The Hawaii Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Military Leave Notice Your employees have certain rights granted if they opt to leave employment to perform military service. The Hawaii Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information and ensures that employees are aware of their rights, and that your workplace is compliant.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
- IRS Withholding Notice Federal law requires that you withhold employee pay per IRS requirements. You must inform employees of this IRS withholding notice. Ensure that the information is displayed clearly, accurately and in a conspicuous location.
- Anti-Discrimination Notice Discrimination in the workplace is against federal law and subject to severe penalties. You must inform employees of their rights, obligations and protections to work in, and maintain, a discrimination-free workplace.
- Payday Notice Enter the name of the company, frequency of payment, and the name of the person who will handle inquiries regarding paydays and their title.
The state and federal government require that you post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Hawaii Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Hawaii Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For your convenience, we offer both formats.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Hawaii Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.