As always, our Complete Delaware Labor Law Poster includes the most updated state, federal, and OSHA posting regulations required for businesses to stay in compliance. Making sure you display the most current postings makes a difference—especially in the event of an inspection or audit. To proceed with your order, select the quantity of Complete Delaware Labor Law Posters required, and as well as the language needed for your workforce—all our Complete Posters are available in both English and Spanish.
Delaware Labor Law Poster Updates:
Delaware ( DE ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
Under SB 306, a Delaware employer cannot discipline or terminate an employee who refuses to drive during emergency weather conditions, when the governor has issued a driving ban. A recent court ruling upholds arbitration clauses in employment contracts. The Workplace Fraud Act imposes fines up to $5,000 for each employee misclassified as an independent contractor. Senate Bill 121 prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation in employment, housing and insurance. Group health insurance policies must now cover routine screening for developmental delays in infants and toddlers.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Delaware is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Delaware
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (302) 761-8200
- OSHA - (302) 573-6518
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 292-7885
- Unemployment Insurance - (302) 761-8482
- Minimum Wage Law (NEW) (Delaware Code, Title 19, Ch 9, Sec 908) You must post information regarding the minimum wage law. The Delaware Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information in an easy-to-read, convenient manner. Simply post it in a conspicuous location.
- Wage Payment and Collection Law (Delaware Code, Title 19, Ch 11, Sec 1108) The full color, easy-to-read Delaware Complete Labor Law Poster displays mandatory information regarding wage payment and collection.
- Discrimination in Employment Law (Delaware Code, Title 19, Ch 7, Sec 716) (a.) Discrimination is against the law, and you must post notices informing all employees that discriminatory actions or behavior in the workplace is illegal. The Delaware Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information in a clear, straightforward manner. Post it in a conspicuous location along with other important company notices.
- Workers Compensation Law (Delaware Code, Title 19, Ch 23) Your employees have certain rights granted to them under Workers' Compensation law. The Delaware Complete Labor Law Poster displays the information that you must, under Delaware law, provide in a conspicuous location.
- Child Labor Law (Delaware Code, Title 19, Ch 6) Minors in the workplace are subject to Child Labor Law provisions and protections, and you must inform all workers of these details. The Delaware Complete Labor Law Poster lets you display this information in an easy-to-read, centralized location.
- Meal Break Law (Delaware Code, Title 19, Ch 6) The Delaware Complete Labor Law Poster lets you comply with the requirement to display meal break notices to all affected employees.
- Unemployment Poster. Your workplace must be covered under Delaware Unemployment Insurance laws, and you must post information confirming this. The Delaware Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information for all employees to review as necessary.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The Delaware and federal government require that you post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Delaware Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Delaware Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. We conveniently offer both formats for you to select from.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Delaware Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.