Available in both English and Spanish our Complete Connecticut Labor Law Poster includes all of the most updated state, federal, and OSHA postings required to stay in full compliance. In the event of an audit or inspection, having updated labor law posters makes a difference. To order, simply determine the volume of Complete Connecticut Labor Law Posters needed for your workplace, and select the language that best suits your workers.
Connecticut Labor Law Poster Updates:
Connecticut ( CT ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
Connecticut employers may see regulatory changes due to the election of Democratic Governor Dan Malloy in 2010. The new Connecticut Family Violence Leave Law requires employers to offer up to 12 days of unpaid leave to an employee for a variety of reasons related to domestic abuse, including to receive medical or psychological care, relocating to a shelter or new home and to attend court dates for civil or criminal proceedings. The law applies to an employer with three or more employees. The Connecticut Supreme Court has expanded the state whistle-blower statutes to include cases where the employee files a complaint with the employer, but not with a public agency.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Connecticut is $8.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Connecticut
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (860) 263-6790
- OSHA - (860) 240-3152
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 223-9675
- Unemployment Insurance - (860) 263-6450
- Hours of Minors in Mercantile Establishments (General Statutes of Connecticut 31-13(d)) Any non-adult (minor) workers in your company must not exceed the maximum number of hours determined by the General Statutes of Connecticut, 31-13(d). The Connecticut Complete Labor Law Poster lets you display this information in a clear, organized and easy-to-read manner. It's your legal obligation to post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Minimum Wage (General Statutes of Connecticut 31-66) The Connecticut Complete Labor Law Poster displays mandatory information regarding the minimum fair wage order, as issued by the Labor Commissioner. You must post this information in an accessible, conspicuous location.
- Sexual Harassment (General Statutes of Connecticut 46a-54(15)(A)) Sexual harassment in the workplace is against the law. The Connecticut Complete Labor Law Poster displays mandatory information regarding the illegality of sexual harassment, and remedies available to victims of sexual harassment.
- Workers Compensation (General Statutes of Connecticut 31-284(f)) You must provide information regarding Workers' Compensation rights, obligations and claims. The Connecticut Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information in a convenient, easy-to-read manner.
- Managed Care (General Statutes of Connecticut 38a-1046) Unless you are self-insured, you are required by law to obtain the Managed Care Ombudsman and post, in a conspicuous location, a notice concerning the services that the Managed Care Ombudsman provides. The Connecticut Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information for all employees to review as appropriate and necessary.
- Discrimination Notice Discrimination in the workforce is against the law. The Connecticut Complete Labor Law Poster displays mandatory information regarding how all employees will conduct workplace activities in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Electronic Monitoring Poster If your company uses any form of electronic monitoring, you are required by law to provide this information to employees. The Connecticut Complete Labor Law Poster lets you fill-in relevant details concerning electronic monitoring.
- Unemployment Poster Your workplace must be covered under Connecticut Unemployment Insurance laws, and you must post information confirming this. The Connecticut Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information for all employees to review as necessary.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The state and federal government oblige you to post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Connecticut Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Connecticut Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For your optimal convenience, we offer both formats for you to select from.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Connecticut Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.