All employers must post mandatory state, federal, and OSHA postings in their workplace to stay in compliance. Our Complete 2013 California Labor Law Posters provide the most current postings on a single poster. Posting the most updated posters in a conspicuous common area matters in the event of an inspection or audit. Simply determine the number of posters needed, and language required (English or Spanish) to place your order.
California Labor Law Poster Updates:
California ( CA ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
The election of Democratic Governor Jerry Brown in 2010 may signal a number of regulatory changes and passage of new labor laws. Effective January 1, 2011 employers with 50 or more workers must provide up to 30 days of paid leave each year for organ donation. That same law requires up to 5 days of paid leave each year for bone marrow donation. This is one of the first laws in any state requiring employers to provide paid leave to employees. A new law exempts some employees with collective bargaining agreements from the California break laws, including construction workers, security officers and utility employees. Most California employers will designate 2011 as a "training year" for all supervisory employees under the tough state anti-harassment laws.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of California is $8.00.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Note: In addition to the California Labor Law Poster updating to reflect the new Workers' Compensation change, the Workers' Compensation Pamphlet is required to be given to new employees at time of hire or before their first payroll has been updated as well. Please click here to purchase.
Important Phone Numbers: State of California
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (888) 275-9243
- CalOSHA - (916) 263-2800
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 736-7401
- Unemployment Insurance - (800) 300-5616
- Minimum Wage (CA Labor Code 1183(d)) Your workplace is subject to an order of the commission, which requires that you post information regarding the minimum wage. The Complete California Labor Law Posters allow you to conveniently post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Whistleblower Protection (CA Labor Code 1102.8 (a)) Your employees have certain rights and protections with respect to whistleblowing in the workplace. The Complete California Labor Law Posters inform them of these rights, and includes a telephone number of the whistleblower hotline.
- Workers Compensation Law (CA Labor Code 3550 (a)) You must provide employees with information regarding Workers' Compensation rights and obligations. The Complete California Labor Law Posters let you display this information in a conspicuous location, so that your employees are informed, and your company is compliant.
- Occupational Safety and Health Protection Law (CA Code of Regulations, Title 8, Section 340) You are required by California law to post the CAL OSHA Notice of Employee Protections and Obligations. The Complete California Labor Law Posters cover this information and ensures that you're compliant with Labor Code Section 6328.
- Payday Notice (CA Labor Code 207) The Complete California Labor Law Posters allow you to post pay day information – which is a requirement under CA Labor Code 207.
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits (CA Unemployment Insurance Code, 1089) The Complete California Labor Law Posters allow you to post, in a conspicuous location, information regarding unemployment insurance benefit rights and obligations.
- Discrimination Notice. Your workplace must be free of discrimination. The California Complete Labor Law Poster provides a discrimination notice to inform all employees and management of your zero discrimination tolerance policy.
- Family Rights Act Notice A & B. You must display, in a conspicuous location, information regarding Notice A and Notice B of the Family Rights Act Notice. The California Complete Labor Law Poster covers all of this information in a clear, summarized and easy-to-read manner.
- Access to Medical and Exposure Records (Cal/OSHA, 3204). You're required under CAL/OHSA to provide information, informing employees of their right to access to medical and exposure records. The California Complete Labor Law Poster ensures that you're compliant with this requirement.
- Time Off to Vote Notice. California law requires that you post a "Time off to Vote" notice, which allows employees to take time off to vote if they cannot do so outside of normal working hours. The California Complete Labor Law Poster includes this notice. Simply post it in a conspicuous location.
- Emergency Phone Number (CA Code of Regulations, Title 8, Section 1512(e). The California Complete Labor Law Poster provides up-to-date emergency information, in the event of an accident or injury.
- Smoking Policy (CA Labor Code 6404.5). It is against the law to smoke in California workplaces, except for designated areas. The California Complete Labor Law Poster informs all employees and guests of this law.
- State Disability Insurance The California Complete Labor Law Poster provides clear, summarized state disability insurance for all employees to review as necessary. You are required by law to post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Edd UI, SDI, PFL Notice The California Complete Labor Law Poster displays information regarding EDD UD, SDI, and PFL notice. You are required by law to display this information in an accessible, conspicuous location.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
- IRS Withholding Notice Federal law requires that you withhold employee pay per IRS requirements. You must inform employees of this IRS withholding notice. Ensure that the information is displayed clearly, accurately and in a conspicuous location.
- Anti-Discrimination Notice Discrimination in the workplace is against federal law and subject to severe penalties. You must inform employees of their rights, obligations and protections to work in, and maintain, a discrimination-free workplace.
California and federal law mandates that you post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the California Complete Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the California State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. We conveniently offer either format for your selection.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your California Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.