Posting our Complete Arkansas Labor Law Posters provide businesses an easy way to fully comply mandatory state, federal, and OSHA requirements. In the event of an audit or inspection – accurate labor law posters matter. Determine the volume of posters required for your workplace, as well as the language needed. Both English and Spanish Arkansas Labor Law Posters are available.
Arkansas Labor Law Poster Updates:
Arkansas ( AR ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
A recent Arkansas court decision makes an individual supervisor liable for retaliation against an employee, as well as the employer. Under new guidelines from the Arkansas Department of Labor, routine pre-employment and post-employment drug screening must be free to the applicant, and the applicant must be given a copy of the results at no cost if requested in writing. An employee can be required to pay for a retest only under special circumstances, such as continued monitoring for a drug abuse disability. Arkansas employers are required to make reasonable accommodations for nursing mothers, including unpaid time to express breast milk.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Arkansas is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Arkansas
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (501) 682-4500
- OSHA - (501) 224-1841
- Workers' Compensation - (501) 682-3930
- Unemployment Insurance - (501) 682-3306
- Minimum Wage Law (NEW) (Arkansas Code 11-4-216) The full-color and easy to read Complete Arkansas Labor Law Posters let you display accurate and updated minimum wage information for all employees to review. Remember, the Director of the Department of Labor mandates you by law to provide this information in a conspicuous and accessible location.
- Employment Security Law (Arkansas Employment Security Law Regulation No. 5) The Complete Arkansas Labor Law Posters clearly inform your employees of their rights and obligations in the event that they file for unemployment benefits. Your company is legally required to provide this information in a conspicuous location.
- Workers' Compensation (Arkansas Code 11-9-407) Your employees have the legal right, under Arkansas Code 11-9-407, to access clear, summarized information regarding Workers' Compensation claims. The Complete Arkansas Labor Law Posters allow you to abide by this law – so that your employees remain informed, and your company remains compliant.
- Chemical Right to Know (Act 556 of Public Employees Chemical Right to Know Act 1991) You are legally obligated to provide information to employees, which informs them of their right to access training and information regarding hazardous chemicals in the workplace. The Complete Arkansas Labor Law Posters display this information in a clear, easy-to-read format.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
Did you know that both the state and federal governments require you to display posters from BOTH levels of government? For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Arkansas Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Arkansas Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For your total convenience, we offer both formats.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Arkansas Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.