The Complete Alaska Labor Law Posters include all the state, federal, and OSHA mandatory posting requirements all on one. It is the most up to date and complete poster you can obtain to be in compliance with state and federal regulations. In the event of an audit or inspection, accurate labor law postings matter. Save valuable employee time and money by simply indicating your quantity and version. We conveniently offer all of our posters in English and Spanish.
Alaska labor law poster options:
Alaska ( AK ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
Alaska's minimum wage is $7.75 per hour, with tipped employees entitled to the full minimum wage. Overtime is required after 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week. When a standard four-day, 10 hour per day workweek is in place, overtime is required after 10 hours per day or 40 hours per week. Employers with fewer than 4 employees are exempt from the overtime provisions of the state law, although federal overtime laws may still apply. Alaska is one of only 8 states with no mini-COBRA law requiring continuation of group health insurance for small employers.*
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Alaska
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Alaska is $7.75
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (907) 269-4900
- OSHA - (907) 269-4955
- Workers' Compensation - (907) 465-2790
- Unemployment Insurance - (888) 252-2557
- Alaska Wage and Hour Act (Alaska Statutes, 23.10.105) Our full-color Alaska Complete Labor Law Poster displays a summary of the Alaska Wage and Hour Act, and ensure that all employees can easily review the information in the workplace. Remember, you’re required by AS 23.10.050-23.10.150 to display this information.
- Safety and Health Protection Including Emergency Information (Alaska Statutes, 18.60.68) The Alaska Complete Labor Law Poster covers essential occupational health and safety information to help keep your employees safe. Plus, it keeps your company compliant, since you’re required by Alaska Statutes 18.60.68 to display this information wherever employees might be exposed to toxic or hazardous substance or a physical agent.
- Unemployment Insurance (Alaska Statutes, 23.20.335) Our Alaska Complete Labor Law Poster clearly displays a summary of Unemployment Compensation rules and guidelines (compliant with Alaska Statues, 23.20.335). It’s your obligation to provide this information in clear, accessible manner.
- Workers' Compensation Insurance (Alaska 23.30.060): Your employees have a right, under Alaska Statues 23.30.060, to access Workers’ Compensation Insurance information. Our Alaska Complete Labor Law Poster helps you display this information clearly, so that you can post it in a conspicuous location.
- Sexual Harassment (Alaska Statue 18.80.220): Sexual harassment in the workplace is against both Alaska human rights law, and federal law. Our Alaska Complete Labor Law Poster the key information that you’re legally required to display in the workplace.
- Emergency Information (AS 18.60.058(a): Key emergency information, including any workplace injuries or fatalities, must be reported to the Alaska DOL rapidly and in the appropriate manner. The Alaska Complete Labor Law Poster clearly displays key emergency information that you’re required to display under Alaska Statutes 18.60.058(a).
- Child Labor Poster: It’s your job to ensure that all employees know that workers under the age of 18 face certain restrictions. The Alaska Complete Labor Law Poster clearly displays this information so that your workplace remains compliant.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees’ rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
Both Alaska and federal law requires you to post key information regarding both levels of government. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Alaska Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Alaska Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. Simply choose the format that is convenient for your workplace.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Alaska Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.