Available in either English or Spanish, our Complete Alabama Labor Law Posters include all of the most up-to-date postings needed to stay in full compliance, including all state, federal, and OSHA regulations. All Alabama Labor Law Posters are available in both English and Spanish—simply select the quantity and language that best suits your workforce.
Alabama labor law poster options:
Alabama ( AL ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
A recent state court ruling means that employees may be covered by workers' compensation when injured while traveling on business or driving a company vehicle, even to or from work. Most Alabama employers are covered by the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour, $2.13 per hour for tipped employees. State law permits an employee who is a victim of domestic violence to testify under a subpoena or prepare for the case, without fear of job loss or reprisal. The Alabama Child Protection Act requires background checks, including checks of criminal history, for anyone working with children.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Alabama is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Alabama
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (866) 487-9243
- OSHA - (404) 562-2300
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 528-5166
- Unemployment Insurance - (866) 234-5382
- Alabama Unemployment Compensation Law (Alabama Administrative Code 480-4-2-.19) The full-color Alabama Complete Labor Law Poster ensures that you fulfill your legal obligation, under Alabama Unemployment Compensation Law, to conspicuously display a printed notice that informs all workers of your company's liability, and their rights.
- Alabama Workers Compensation Information (Code of Alabama, 1975 25-5-290(d)) It's your legal obligation to display Alabama Workers Compensation Information to your employees, so they can report issues as required by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations. The easy-to-read Complete Alabama Labor Law Posters allow you to abide by this law, and display the information in a conspicuous location for all employees to access.
- Alabama Child Labor Law (Code of Alabama, 1975 25-8-38(a)) Workers under 18 years of age are considered minors, and as such your company is required to post, in a conspicuous location, the number of hours that such minors can work each day. The summarized Complete Alabama Labor Law Posters allow you to post this information so that your under-18 workers are informed – and your company is compliant under the law.
- Workers' Compensation Fraud Notice (Alabama Criminal Code, Section 13A-11-124) Fraud is a Class C Felony and an incredibly serious matter. The Complete Alabama Labor Law Posters allow you to remind employees – both new and existing – that fraudulent statements carry punishments by up to $5000 and 10 years in prison.
- Alabama Unemployment Compensation Fraud (Alabama Code, 25-4-145) Unemployment compensation fraud is a serious crime. Keep your workplace safe and law-abiding with the full-color Alabama complete Labor Law poster. It clearly informs your employees of the criminality and consequences of unemployment compensation fraud.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
Technical Details and Placement Options:
Both the State of Alabama and the US Government require you to display both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry's leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Alabama Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately, you can purchase the State Only Alabama Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For your convenience, we offer both formats—so the choice is yours!
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Alabama Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.