Available in both English and Spanish, our Complete Georgia Labor Law Posters include the most updated state, federal, and OSHA postings needed to comply with the most current requirements. Employers can save valuable time and money by selecting the quantity of posters needed, and the language version required (available in both English or Spanish). In the event of an audit or inspection, updated GA Labor Law Posters matter!
Georgia Labor Law Poster Updates:
Georgia ( GA ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
Most employees in Georgia are entitled to the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour, although the state minimum wage is only $5.15 per hour, for companies with less than $500,000 in annual revenue. Every employer is required to use E-Verify for new hires, under the Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act. The Georgia mini-COBRA law permits a former employee to continue health insurance coverage for 3 months, provided he or she has been insured for at least 6 months before termination. The Georgia family leave law applies only to teachers in public schools, although larger employers are required to grant unpaid leave under the FMLA.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Georgia is $7.25.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Georgia
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (404) 893-4600
- OSHA - (404) 562-2300
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 533-0682
- Unemployment Insurance - (404) 232-3990
- Georgia Unemployment Insurance Act (Georgia Code 34-8-190) Employees must be provided information regarding their rights, obligations and benefits under the Georgia Unemployment Insurance Act. The full color, organized and easy-to-read Complete Georgia Labor Law Posters provide this information in a centralized location. Simply post it in a conspicuous location for all employees to review as necessary.
- Georgia Equal Pay Act Including Vacation Act (Georgia Code 34-5-7) The Complete Georgia Labor Law Posters convey key information regarding the Georgia Equal Pay Act, including the Vacation Act. You're legally obligated to provide this information in a conspicuous location.
- Georgia Workers Compensation Law Including Bill of Rights (Georgia Code 34-9-81.1) In Georgia, employees are protected by both Workers' Compensation law, and by a Bill of Rights. The Complete Georgia Labor Law Posters provide this information in a clear, easy-to-read format. Your employees will be informed, and your workplace will be compliant and safe.
- Workers' Comp. Bill of Rights Workers who are injured on the job have specific rights guaranteed to them by the Workers' Compensation Bill of Rights. The Complete Georgia Labor Law Posters summarize these rights, along with employer obligations.
- Georgia No Smoking Poster Smoking is prohibited in all Georgia workplaces. The Complete Georgia Labor Law Posters have a very visible no smoking announcement to remind employees and visitors of this law.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
As required by law, you must post both the Georgia and Federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Complete Georgia Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the State Only Georgia Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. Simply choose the format that is appropriate for your workplace.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Georgia Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.