In order to stay in compliance, employers must post all mandatory state, federal, and OSHA requirements in their workplace. Our Complete Florida Labor Law Poster provides all the most current postings required on a single, oversized poster. Protect your business against unforeseen complications by posting the most up-to-date regulations in your workplace. To place your order, simply determine the quantity of posters required, and select our English and/or Spanish version.
Florida Labor Law Poster Updates:
Florida ( FL ) Labor Law Quick Facts:
A tough new Florida law requires stricter background checks for employees who work with children, the elderly or persons with disabilities. The Florida minimum wage is $7.79 per hour in 2013, while the tipped minimum wage is $4.77. The state has recently stepped up enforcement actions against employers who neglect to carry workers' compensation coverage as required by law. A Florida employer is required to give up to 3 days of paid or unpaid leave to any employee who is a victim of domestic violence, or whose family member was a victim of domestic violence. This law applies to employers with 50 or more workers.*
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Florida is $7.79.
*The quick facts should be used for informational purposes only and should not be used as legal advice or opinion. Please consult a legal expert in your area for your specific situation.
Important Phone Numbers: State of Florida
Product Detail Description:
- Wage & Hour - (866) 966-7226
- OSHA - (904) 232-2895
- Workers' Compensation - (800) 342-1741
- Unemployment Insurance - (800) 204-2418
Technical Details and Placement Options:
- Unemployment Compensation (Florida Statutes 443.151(1)(a)) You're required under Florida law to provide key information regarding unemployment compensation and claims information. The easy-to-read, full color Florida Complete Labor Law Poster conveys this information in a convenient and effective manner. Simply post it in a conspicuous area.
- Child Labor Law (Florida Statutes 450.045(2)) Non-adult workers (under 18) are governed by Child Labor Laws that limit the type and duration of the work they can perform. The Florida Complete Labor Law Poster displays the applicable statute information so that your workplace remains informed and compliant.
- Workers Compensation (Florida Statutes 440.40(1)) The Florida Complete Labor Law Poster provides information related to Workers' Compensation claims. It also confirms that you have secured the payment of compensation in accordance with the provisions of the appropriate Florida statute.
- Florida Law Prohibits Discrimination (Florida Statutes 760.10(10)) Discrimination in the workplace is illegal. The Florida Complete Labor Law Poster summarizes the discriminatory behavior that will not be tolerated in the workplace per the Florida Commission on Human Rights.
- Florida Minimum Wage (Florida Statutes 448.110) You must inform all employees of wages and minimum wage information. The Florida Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information clearly and in a centralized location.
- Anti-Fraud Notice Workers' Compensation fraud is a serious crime that can result in civil and criminal penalties. The Florida Complete Labor Law Poster warns employees of the consequences of committing Workers' Compensation fraud, and informs them of the $25,000 reward they may obtain for providing information of a suspected fraud to the Florida government.
- Equal Opportunity is the Law In Florida, all employees are guaranteed equal opportunity in the workforce. The Florida Complete Labor Law Poster summarizes this guarantee and ensures that employees and management are aware of their responsibility under this law.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $5.15 an hour to $5.85 an hour, effective July 24, 2007. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
The Florida and federal government mandates that both state and federal posters must be posted in a conspicuous location. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer two formats to assist you with your compliance needs. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either the Florida Complete Labor Law Poster, which includes state, federal, and OSHA posting requirements on a single poster for $29.95, or to purchase the state and federal posters separately. You can purchase the Florida State Only Labor Law Poster for $21.95, and the Federal Only Labor Law Poster for $9.95. For your convenience, we offer both formats for you to choose from.
Looking for an ongoing compliance solution? Consider our Compliance Protection Plan™. This plan offers worry-free compliance including automatic poster replacements whenever mandatory changes occur for 12-months! Add our Compliance Protection Plan™ to your Florida Complete Labor Law Poster purchase now by selecting the 1 Year Compliance Protection Plan option in the purchasing options above.