Falls are the second leading cause of death each year in the United States (after traffic accidents)! Over 10,000 people are killed every year as a result of falls...and 200,000 to 300,000 people are disabled. Eight-five percent of all falls that occur on the job result in "lost work time".
The training products on "Fall Protection" provide the information employees need to work safely when they are "off the ground", and assist in satisfying the major training requirements in the OSHA Standard on Fall Protection. Topics covered in these products include:
- The seriousness of fall hazards.
- Types of environments where falls may occur.
- The "Fall Protection Plan".
- Concentrating and keeping a clear head.
- The importance of housekeeping in preventing falls.
- Measures that can be taken to protect against falls.
- Protective equipment.
Kit (Available in DVD Or VHS Format)
- The kit provides all of the materials needed to promote and conduct a safety meeting. Each Kit contains a DVD or VHS program (see description below), 5 posters and 30 booklets. DVD and VHS kits come with an easy-to-use leader's guide, scheduling and attendance forms, and an employee quiz. Available in English and Spanish.
Program (Available in DVD Or VHS Format)
- The DVD or VHS programs provide all the information that is needed for a comprehensive employee training session. Programs come with an easy-to-use leader's guide, scheduling and attendance forms, employee quiz and training certificate. DVDs and VHSs are subtitled and allow the course to be played from beginning to end or by section, and are indexed so that sections can be accessed in any order. Available in English and Spanish.