CALIFORNIA LABOR LAW UPDATES
Click the California labor laws below to see a timeline of updates to the California State & Federal Labor Law Poster.
- Revised 07/2014: The CalOSHA Safety and Health Protection on the Job Poster updated to reflect San Francisco as a regional office, replacing Oakland.
- Revised 04/2014: The CalOSHA – Safety and Health Protection on the Job Poster updated with “Safety Data Sheets” (SDS) information to replace “Material Safety Data Sheets” (MSDS).
- Revised 11/2013: The CalOSHA – Safety and Health Protection on the Job Poster updated to list Orange County under Area & Field Offices.
- Revised 04/2013: The CalOSHA – Safety and Health Protection on the Job Poster updated to remove Orange County from the list of Area & Field Offices.
+ Show More
- Show Less
Discrimination and Harassment in Employment
- Revised 12/2013: The Discrimination and Harassment in Employment are Prohibited by Law Poster updated by the Dept. of Fair Employment (DFEH) to add military and veteran status as a protected class from employment discrimination, effective January 1, 2014.
- - Revised 12/2013:The Notice to Employees: Unemployment Compensation updated to reflect new guidelines about filing claims and seeking insurance for disability benefits and paid family leave benefits, including the option to seek a specific physician or practitioner instead of a doctor’s office.
- - Revised 12/2013: The California Minimum Wage Poster updated with minimum wage increase from $8.00 to $9.00 effective July 1, 2014, and the final increase to $10.00, effective January 1, 2016.
Time Off to Vote
- Revised 06/2014: The Notice to Employees: Time Off to Vote updated with new voting times to start at 7:00 a.m. and end at 8:00 p.m.
- Revised 12/2013: The Notice to Employees: Withholding Allowance updated with new classification for "Personal Income Tax".
FEDERAL LABOR LAW UPDATES
Click the Federal labor laws below to see a timeline of updates to the California State & Federal Labor Law Poster.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Revised 02/2013: The FMLA Poster updated to reflect expansion of coverage to families of veterans and service members – including members of the Armed Forces and National Guard or Reserves. The update also includes a revision to the hours-of-service eligibility requirements for flight crew employees.
About California Labor Law Poster
Labor law posters – the way your business can stay in legal compliance. This task is made simple by using the California State and Federal Complete Poster by LaborLawCenter™.
By choosing this all-in-one state and federal labor law poster and placing it in a visible location for your employees to see, you are taking the necessary steps to satisfy your company's employment workplace posting requirement.
Unfortunately, by failing to hang the proper state and federal workplace postings – the proper labor law posters – you may face legal consequences. There are various citations imposed by the US Department of Labor (DOL) if the appropriate labor laws are not posted, one of which is "contract sanctions may be imposed" if the EEO is the Law information is not displayed.
The all-in-one California State and Federal Complete Labor Law Poster is the easy solution to take care of this legal obligation. And if minimum wage is on your mind, this poster covers it too. The California Labor Law Poster contains both the current California State Minimum Wage Poster as well as the current Federal Minimum Wage Poster.
The California Complete and Federal Poster Includes:
California State Posting Requirements:
- 2014 California Minimum Wage: $9.00
- Discrimination Notice
- Disability Leave (Notice A & B)
- Unemployment Insurance
- CALOSHA – Health and Safety Protection
- Access to Medical and Exposure Records
- EDD Notice to Employees
- Workers' Compensation
- Payday Notice
- Time Off to Vote Notice
- Emergency Phone Numbers
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Withholding Allowance Notice
- California No Smoking Poster
Federal Posting Requirements:
- Family and Medical Leave Act/FMLA – Includes Recent Revision
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law/EEOC – includes GINA
- Federal Minimum Wage
- USERRA – Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- OSHA – Job Safety & Health Protection
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- IRS Withholding Notice
- Anti-Discrimination Notice
- Payday Notice
OSHA and CalOSHA Posters are included on the California Complete Labor Law Poster. When you order the California Complete Labor Law Poster, it will satisfy your State, Federal, and OSHA posting requirements with one poster.
Many industries such as the restaurant, retail, construction, and professional use the California Complete Labor Law Poster to satisfy their compliance requirements for State, Federal, and OSHA. When posted in an area frequented by employees, the California Complete Labor Law Poster puts a business in full compliance.
Are You a Federal Contractor or Subcontractor?
Federal contractors and subcontractors are required to display more postings in addition to the general State, Federal, and OSHA regulations. Please click here to see the federal contractor and subcontractor posting requirements. Ensure your full compliance by posting the California Complete Labor Law Posters with the federal contractor-required postings.
Order the Complete Labor Law Poster with the replacement poster program – our Compliance Protection Plan™ – and be in compliance year-round. The Compliance Protection Plan™ ships the most recent Complete Labor Law Poster right away for quick compliance and when a mandatory posting change occurs, a brand-new poster is automatically shipped directly to you.
How It Works:
||New Complete Labor Law Poster that has the most current state and federal labor law postings is shipped to you.
||Your account is continuously monitored for mandatory posting changes to both state and federal labor laws by our Compliance Experts.
||Once a mandatory change is detected, a new Complete Labor Law Poster is shipped directly to your location at no additional cost.
The Compliance Protection Plan™ is backed by our 100% Unlimited Compliance Guarantee – meaning if your business properly displays the latest poster delivered from LaborLawCenter™, and receives a posting fine, we will reimburse ALL paid posting fines. Terms and Conditions apply.
Get the Complete State & Federal Labor Law Poster AND automatic replacement posters by adding the "Replacement Poster Program" for $33.04 to your order today.
Complete California Labor Law Poster FAQ's:
||Does the Complete California Labor Law Poster include the federal minimum wage poster and is this something I am required to post?
||The Complete California Labor Law Poster does include the new July 2014 minimum wage rate of $9.00 per hour along with the mandatory federal minimum wage poster. California employers are required to display both the federal minimum wage poster and the California minimum wage poster along with the other mandatory California, federal, and OSHA posters.
||Do I need to post Spanish or bilingual posters?
||Yes, California employers are required to post labor law posters in both Spanish and English. If there are Spanish-speaking employees who do not understand written English, the required labor law posters must be posted in both Spanish and English.
||How many labor law posters do I need and where should they go?
||The Complete California Labor Law Poster combines all required labor law posters on one convenient all-in-one poster. By using the Complete California Labor Law Poster, employers need only post the one poster in order to comply with workplace posting regulations. Required labor law postings must be displayed in plain view in areas employees visit regularly. Break rooms, at time clocks, or in hallways are some examples of acceptable posting locations. Job applicants must also be able to easily view the postings.
Posters may not be placed in areas where employees and applicants cannot easily view them, including in binders, locked areas, or other non-accessible locations. Also, while the postings may be included on the company intranet, this does not relieve the employer of the responsibility of also posting them in the workplace. The posters must be physically posted in conspicuous locations in the workplace.
||What federal labor law posters am I required to display?
||Federal and OSHA laws require the posting of the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) posters. The Complete California Labor Law Poster includes these mandatory federal and OSHA labor law postings as well as the required California labor law notices.
||Is an all-in-one poster legally compliant?
||Certain California, federal and OSHA laws require that posters be of a specific page size and use a specific font size in order to be in compliance. The Complete California Labor Law Poster meets these mandatory specifications and is legally compliant, when posted properly.
||What should I expect when I receive the Complete California Labor Law poster?
||The Complete California Labor Law Poster is a 24" x 39" laminated poster that includes the mandatory California, federal, and OSHA on one single poster. The poster will arrive in a mailing tube, and will be printed on one side only so that when posted on the wall, the labor law information will be visible.