Note: Businesses must post both a State poster and Federal poster to be in compliance.
Obtaining the state posting requirements has never been easier with the Maine State only labor law poster. The Maine state only poster has all the state mandated notices required to be posted at the workplace on one convenient poster. Save valuable employee time and money by simply indicating your quantity and version. All posters are conveniently offered in English and Spanish.
To be in FULL compliance, both the state AND federal laws must be posted at every worksite. Obtaining the federal labor law posters is just as easy. We offer a 20” x 26” poster that includes all the federal labor law posters on one simple poster. It should be posted next to your state mandatory poster.
The 2013 minimum wage rate for the State of Maine is $7.50.
Maine Labor Law Poster Updates:
- Workers' Compensation - (rev. 1/2013) - Update to workers' compensation to reflect new reporting guidelines for workplace injuries.
- Maine Minimum Wage - (rev. 10/2012) - Update to Min Wage panel, to include regulation in US code, Section 31502 that regulates overtime exemption
- Maine Minimum Wage - (rev. 7/2012) - Very minor updates, including new TTY relay number listing and department seal
- Whistleblower's Protection Act - (rev. 7/2012) - Very minor updates, including new TTY relay number listing and department seal
- Safe Work for Computer Operators - (rev. 7/2012) - Very minor updates, including new TTY relay number listing and department seal
- Child Labor/Family Medical Leave/Wage Payment - (rev. 7/2012) - Very minor updates, including new TTY relay number listing and department seal
- Regulation of Employment - (rev. 7/2012) - Very minor updates, including new TTY relay number listing and department seal
- Unemployment Compensation - (rev. 7/2012) - Very minor updates, including new TTY relay number listing and department seal
- Child Labor Laws - (rev. 2/2012) - New reference of Fed. Reg. 29 CFR, Part 570 for list of hazardous jobs
- Whistleblower's Protection Act - (rev. 2/2012) - New tel. number for human rights commission office
- Maine Minimum Wage Poster - (rev. 10/2011) - New minimum wage guidelines for tipped employee
- Child Labor Laws - (rev. 10/2011) - Child Labor Law change, increasing number of hours minors are allowed to work during school session from 4 hours to 6 hours and new minimum wage guidelines for tipped employees
- Discrimination Poster - (rev. 1/2011) - Update made to content and contact information
- Sexual Harassment Act - (rev. 1/2011) - Update made to content and contact information
- Unemployment Compensation - (rev. 12/2010) - Content has been updated
- Workers' Compensation Poster - (rev. 8/2010) - Content has been updated
- Maine Minimum Wage Poster - (rev. 10/2009) - Content has been updated
- Regulation of Employment Poster - (rev. 9/2009) - New content was added including Severance Pay and Rest Breaks information
- Minimum Wage Poster - (rev. 3/2009) - Minimum wage information for October 1, 2007 removed
- Regulation Of Employment Poster - (rev. 1/2009) - Text change to define the Family Medical Leave
- Unemployment Insurance Poster - (rev. 1/2008) - Division name change and address change
Product Detail Description:
- Notice Regarding Minimum Wage Law (NEW) (26 MRSA 668) In Maine, employers are required under 26 MRSA 668 to post, in a conspicuous location, information regarding the minimum wage. This regulation provides overtime and minimum wage standards to all workers. The full-color and easy-to-read Maine State Only Labor Law Poster provides this information in a single location, so that your employees are informed, and your company is compliant.
- Whistleblower’s Protection Act (26 MRSA 839) Under Maine’s Whistleblower’s Protection Act, employees are protected and encouraged to report any matters of incompliance to the appropriate government authorities without repercussions. Employers must prominently post information regarding this act, so workers understand their protections and obligations. The Maine State Only Labor Law Poster provides this information in a clear, summarized fashion.
- Workers’ Compensation (39 MRSA 406) In Maine, employees have rights and protections under Workers’ Compensation Law including the right to file a claim and access to medical coverage if they have been injured while at work. The Maine State Only Labor Law Poster allows you to post, in a conspicuous location, details regarding Workers’ Compensation in English, French and Spanish.
- Video Terminal Display (26 MRSA 252) Under Maine law, you must inform all workers who use a video terminal (e.g. computer) of their rights and duties under 26 MRSA 252. When a worker uses a computer more than four hours per day, the employer must provide relevant training to ensure he / she is using his / her computer in a safe manner. The Maine State Only Labor Law Poster provides information on this regulation so employees remain safe, and your company remains compliant under the law.
- Child Labor Law (26 MRSA 42-B(3)) Employing workers under the age of 18 is permissible, provided that strict adherence to Maine Child Labor Law is followed. This includes following specific restrictions in regards to age, time, hours, and tasks to be performed while for all minor workers. Be aware that the state may impose civil penalties for non-compliance. The Maine State Only Labor Law Poster ensures that all employees and management are aware of these laws, and how they affect different age groups.
- OSHA for Public Sector As mandated by OSHA, Maine employers are required to provide their workers a healthy and safe workplace. The Maine State Only Labor Law Poster informs your employees of their OHSA rights and protections as enforced by the U.S. Department of labor.
- Sexual Harassment Is Illegal By law, Maine employers are obligated to take steps to keep their workplace free from sexual harassment. The Maine State Only Labor Law Poster clearly informs all employees of your commitment to upholding the law. It also provides some examples of sexual harassment, such as suggestive or lewd remarks, and others.
- Discrimination Notice Maine law strictly prohibits discrimination in regards to employment. The Maine State Only Labor Law Poster informs all employees and management that your workplace is law-abiding and doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, ancestry, genetic predisposition, age, whistleblowing, accessing workers’ compensation benefits, or disability.
- Regulation of Employment The state of Maine regulates employment to ensure that the workplace is compliant and employees are treated fairly. Items within the regulation include an employee’s rights to: payments of wages and timely payments, rest breaks, as well leave for family as needed. The Maine State Only Labor Law Poster fulfils your legal obligation to provide this information to employees in a conspicuous location.
- Unemployment Compensation You are required under Maine Employment Security Law to provide your employees with information on how they can file a claim, and other rights, obligations and protections they have under this law. In the event they become unemployed, they may have the opportunity to collect unemployment benefits. The Maine State Only Labor Law Poster provides this information in a clear, easy-to-read format.
The state and federal government require that you post both state and federal posters. For your convenience and preference, we currently offer both formats to assist you with your compliance needs. Posters are typically purchased separately (state and federal) due to a business' preference, or if size doesn't permit, a single Complete poster that may be larger. We are the industry’s leading company that can provide you with either option including: the Maine State Only Labor Law Poster, which includes all mandatory state requirements on a single poster for $21.95, and the mandatory Federal Poster for $9.95, which you can add to your order in the purchasing options above. For your convenience, we offer both formats.
Looking for a single poster that includes all mandatory regulations? Consider our Maine Complete Labor Law Poster. This oversized poster includes all state, federal, and OSHA requirements on single poster for $29.95. This poster is typically attractive to businesses that just want everything on one poster, rather than purchasing multiple posters to meet compliance requirements.
Product Fill-In Information:
The Maine State Only Labor Law Poster mandates you fill-in key details. Fill-in the following section(s) on the poster:
- Whistleblower Protection Act: Employees should be encouraged to report any matters not in compliance with state or federal regulations. Fill-in this portion of your poster with the name of your company representative who responds to any complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment, or whistleblowing.
- Discrimination: Employers are required to provide workers with relevant contact information in the event they feel as though they have been discriminated against. Fill-in this form and include your department’s go-to representative.
- Sexual Harassment Act: Sexual harassment is strictly prohibited in the workplace. Should an event occur, arm your employees with the information they need to file a complaint. Use this form to fill-in your personnel department representative, and relevant contact information.
Click here for a printer friendly version.
- Poster size 20.5" x 28.5"
- Front and back sides are laminated
- Quality printing in full color
Ready for the New Year?
Order Your 2013 products now.